Beacon Resources, on behalf of our world class company client in Downtown Los Angeles, seeks a Senior Investment Accountant. Continue your career in a prestigious financial services company!
Job - The hired Senior Accountant (Investments) will be a hands-on professional with day-to-day general accounting tasks.
Culture/Environment - Join a culture of meritocracy here.
Compensation/Benefits – Salary range begins at $80,000/year and increases depending on qualifications. You will enjoy a good 401K matching plan, performance-based bonuses, well-stocked treats, catered lunches, car service at night, and very interesting projects.
DUTIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (INVESTMENTS)
- Perform accounting duties for various investments (load portfolios, real estate operations)
- Input journal entries into the General Ledger
- Prepare accruals and payments
- Perform bank reconciliations of all cash accounts
- Perform month-end, quarter-end, and year-end fiscal closes
- Review balance sheets
- Review loan and partnership agreements
- Assist in financial reporting matters (including preparing supporting schedules for SEC reporting and for tie-outs
- Monitor interest rate changes and foreign exchange hedges
- Analyze investment expenses costs
- Mentor staff accountants
- Accept any other ad-hoc accounting duties
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (INVESTMENTS)
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering (Civil), or Finance, or equivalent work experience
- At least three (3) years of substantive accounting experience
- Strong familiarity with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Real Estate/REIT and/or private equity industry experience
- A CPA
- Big 4 or Tier 2 accounting firm pedigree
SKILLS OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (INVESTMENTS)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Strong grounding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations, and other Corporate Controls concepts
- Propensity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of working extended hours to meet project deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and cooperate with fellow professionals in various disciplines and both office and out-of-office environments
- Ability to take on a substantial workload to lead the team through example
- Ability to work with minimal managerial supervision
- Yardi, MRI, or an equivalent program
For immediate consideration, email your resume in MS Word format. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.