Beacon Resources, in partnership with our client that has been in business for over a century, seeks a Senior Internal Auditor to join this worker-friendly financial services institution with a strong emphasis on personal relationships.
Job – You will be working with a team of internal audit staff in performing audits and reviews throughout the corporation. You will report directly to the Board of Directors.
Culture - You will gain even more exposure to various groups in the United States, the rest of North America, and internationally. What a way to advance your career!
Compensation – Salary range starts at $65,000/year and increases DOE. A bonus is also offered by the company. Standard benefits are offered (health insurance, 401k with match) + unlimited PTO days, a sabbatical offering, and no dress code!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE INTERNAL AUDITOR
Compliance and Controls
- Lead all aspects of individual audits, beginning with the planning stage and including execution and documentation
- Test Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) financial, IT, and operational controls
- Apply COSO internal control framework (control environment, risk assessment, information and communication, monitoring activities, and existing control activities) and GAAP accounting principles
- Interpret governance guidelines
- Provide documentation, testing and other assessments in compliance with statutory requirements as well as SOX
- Participate in annual risk assessment and audit plan
- Work with external auditors
- Accept any special projects when applicable
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE INTERNAL AUDITOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least one (1) year in public accounting or internal audit experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- CPA, CISA, or CIA certification or in progress
- Banking/Financial Services audit industry experience
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
SKILLS OF THE INTERNAL AUDITOR
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
For further advancement of your interest, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.