Beacon Resources, in partnership with our clients in the cannabis industry, seeks an Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist to join their team in Culver City.
JOB- Your responsibilities as an AP Specialist will include completing payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. This role is highly important in ensuring compliance of financial payments.
CULTURE- You will join an organization with a startup feel, who’s mission is to create the industry-leading Cannabis Lifestyle brand of premium retail stores and cannabis goods.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS- Salary for this role is $50,000/year, alongside individual benefits.
DUTIES OF THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (AP) SPECIALIST[MW2]
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Reconciles four bank accounts to accounting system and reports cash and A/P balances to upper management weekly.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing checks, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expenses and preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers of 4 companies by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (AP) SPECIALIST[MW3] [MY4]
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- Working experience as an accounts payable clerk (or accounts receivable clerk)
- Exceptional understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Must present excellent data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office, Google Suite
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- CANNABIS EXPERIENCE HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- QuickBooks, Sage, Adaptive insights knowledge a plus
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, EMAIL YOUR RESUME IN MS WORD FORMAT TO ME. I WILL HOLD ALL INQUIRIES IN THE STRICTEST [MW5] CONFIDENCE.