This is a clinical role in a multi-specialty outpatient clinic (occupational health, private pay, and work comp) responsible for supporting providers in delivering quality health care to patients. Clinic support functions include performing a variety of medical and occupational services and support related tasks. Provides support in the delivery of the company's core values. Practice, enforce and comply with Health Information Management (HIM) and HIPAA standards, accurate maintenance of hard copy and/or electronic medical records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide a safe patient care environment, support all initiatives of the clinical services team, and promote excellence in customer service.
- Gather patient histories, vital signs, weights and heights, room patients, blood draws, injections, EKG's and stress tests, x-rays, and assist in minor in-office procedures.
- Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill or injured client employees as directed by a physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner.
- Interview patient to determine medical problem(s)/condition(s) and documents in chart for physician.
- Assist providers with patient examination as needed. Administers specified medication as directed.
- Provide support to the operations of the clinic by maintain medical equipment, keep exam rooms properly supplied and ready for patients and maintain office inventory and purchasing supplies as necessary. Distributes mailings/overnight packaging as needed.
- Interact with patients and other physician offices to assist with follow up, scheduling, questions, etc.
- Perform Medical Records functions on Electronic Medical Record system, such as filing and maintenance of patient records.
- Mail, retrieve and copy records for medical and legal releases. Obtain records and purge records to storage.
- Assist with current immunization and allergy protocols.
- Is accountable for maintain and improve own medical/nurse knowledge and skill competence.
- Maintain professional conduct and work practices that support the organization's philosophy, objectives, and goals.
- Maintain a work knowledge of current medical/nursing/pharmaceutical terminology.
- Proficiently and consistently completes accurate, concise, and legible documentation of patient and clinic records. Includes hands on care delivery and telephone patient interactions.
- Promote and practice cost containment for the organization and patient.
- Foster constructive relationships as a team member.
- Participate in orientation and in-service train for personnel.
- Assist in review and revise policies and procedures.
- Support and enforce infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, dedication to their job and are eager to work.
- Demonstrates knowledge of skill and adaptability, customer service, interpersonal relations, verbal and written communication
- Strong Phlebotomy experience required
- X-Ray experience preferred
- Completion of accredited practical nursing program
- Current State of Alaska Practical Nurse license
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
Work conditions are such that significant time will be spent walking, standing, stooping, sitting, assisting with positioning patients, and include some lifting. Exposure to anesthetic gases, blood and body fluids, sharps, and other health care occupational hazards is routine. Conditions will include exposure to hospital grade cleaning solutions, flammable solutions and gases, e.g., alcohol and oxygen, as well as latex and other industrial chemicals.