Beacon Hill Financial is working with a large, and GROWING, government contractor in the Alexandria area to identify an Assistant Controller! This position will supervise a large team and oversee the entire accounting function up to and including full month-end close, financials, and reporting.
- Manage the productivity of accounts payable, cash disbursements, G/L, financial reporting, and cost accounting
- Manage and reconcile all G/L accounts on a monthly basis
- Calculate indirect rates
- Evaluate and enhance systems to improve process aumotation and efficiency while adhering to internal controls and government regulations
- Assist with preparing incurred cost submissions
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Assist in the execution of month and quarter-end close and management reporting
- Supervision and training accounting staff
- Ensure the recording of all transactions in accordance with US GAAP and DCAA regulations
- Review accounting information and processes to identify and resolve discrepancies and imbalances
- Work with Controller and (CFO) to complete analyses for budgeting, forecasting, and cash flow
- Assist with internal control review and implement changes as necessary
- Participate in annual audit preparation and communicate with external auditors
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years of experience as an Assistant Controller or Accounting Manager in the government contracting space
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, government regulations, FAR, and CAS
- Experience with data analysisbudgeting, and forecasting
- Extensive experience with Deltek Costpoint 7 and Time Collection required
- Knowledge of Indirect Rates and Incurred Cost Submissions
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial processes
Find Us on Facebook!!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™