A highly reputable corporation pharmaceutical corporation is currently looking for a Research Associate, Molecular & Cell Biology ( Tissue Dissection ) to work in San Diego, CA.
- We are seeking a diligent and motivated research associate to join the Molecular & Cell Biology (MCB) group in San Diego.
- The scientist will support drug discovery by dissecting and processing human tissues to generate disease relevant human cells for predictive in vitro assays.
- This position requires flexibility due to irregular tissue availability and diligence to process this precious resource.
- The successful candidate will be embedded within a team of passionate scientists, mentored by client’s leading tissue dissection expert, and have an immediate impact on our drug discovery pipeline.
- Day to day duties will differ depending on tissue availability; activities beyond tissue dissections include cell and tissue characterization by standard cell biological and histological techniques.
- The ideal candidate requires excellent communication and organizational skills to succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative laboratory environment.
- B.S in Pharmacology, Cell Biology, Animal Sciences or related field with at least 1 year experience working in a laboratory
- Experience in tissue dissection and isolation of primary cells
- Diligence and impeccable attention to detail
- Flexibility to process tissue when available
- Motivation to learn new techniques and support various areas of research as required
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society
- Experience with patient sample handling and organization
- Experience with histological and/or cell biological techniques