A highly reputable pharmaceutical corporation is currently hiring a Data Analytics Professional to work in the northern suburbs of Chicago, IL.
- Business Operations & Portfolio Analytics plays a key role in leading the operational planning for Development and advising leadership on the pipeline and product portfolio as well as business operations to ensure efficient cross-functional business processes. Development leadership, project teams and functions utilize information from the enterprise systems, such as Planisware, to manage operational performance against the portfolio.
- Responsible for facilitating collaborative partnerships with functional stakeholders to identify, develop and execute advanced data analytics and methods to facilitate decision-making activities at the project and portfolio level.
- The position will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of reliable, actionable analyses to internal customers ensuring best in practice analytics are developed and maintained as the business needs evolve.
- This position will also be responsible for providing technical feedback or direction utilizing technical expertise,
- This position may manage specific projects assigned and may oversee work performed by contractors and/or outsourced services.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for: Developing and improving operational data modeling capabilities.
- Maintaining data integration from multiple global systems.
- Validating data quality across reporting and analytical platforms.
- Performing data discovery incorporating new datasets into existing analytics.
- Managing external vendor development of analytics tools and systems.
- Developing ad hoc reports and operational data models as required by stakeholders.
- Managing any direct reports through successful recruitment, performance management,
- development planning and retention of a high performing team.
- Managing external vendor services, as applicable.
- Overseeing outsourced vendors maintaining any systems used in data analytics, including data
- storing services and reporting tools, as applicable.
- Education BA/BS with emphasis in Finance or Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics or Life Sciences
- Minimum 6 years of experience analyzing data, either financial or other, and/or management
- consulting experience focused on analyzing operational data.
- Strong knowledge in use of enterprise-wide data warehousing options/opportunities and reporting
- tools/systems, as a business user not technical/IT user, to facilitate and support the analytical and
- reporting capabilities for operational data.
- Strong knowledge of tools used to support collection of business operations data, such as SAP,
- Working knowledge of Big Data techniques and data visualization tools such as SpotFire.
- Working knowledge of various statistical modeling techniques and their application within complex
- analytical projects, such as regression modeling, ROI, portfolio attrition.
- Demonstrated strong data analysis skills coupled with ability to communicate meaning from the data.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills in English, with an ability to interact at
- all levels of personnel.
- Effective strategic thinker and problem solver with emotional intelligence and the ability to both
- recognize and anticipate problems.
- Ability to both recognize and anticipate problems. Possesses the ability to translate solutions into
- viable action plans at a global level that are effectively disseminated and implemented through cooperation of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in pioneering new approaches and ways of working.
- Strong teamwork and partner behaviors, ability to operate among diverse cultures.
- Adept with MS Office applications.
- Advanced degree (MBA/MA/MS or PhD or related degree) preferred.
- Accounting certification (such as CPA, CA, etc)
- Experience with SAP and BPC
- Understanding of the global drug development process.
- Knowledge of business processes and procedures in clinical drug development, including portfolio,
- planning, clinical trial management, cost, staffing, resource management and/or time tracking areas.