A highly reputable diagnostic corporation is currently looking for an experienced and qualified Chemistry Research Associate to work in San Jose, CA.
Responsibilities will include :
- Handling clinical samples.
- Train on applicable Quality Management System (QMS), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and associated lab forms.
- Use Quality Management System (QMS) skills in responsibilities
- Document Experimental results in report format.
- Maintain laboratory equipment.
- Maintain laboratory reagents.
Education and Practical Experience Requirements :
- B.S. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is preferred
- Experience and demonstrated interest in a surface chemistry and its interface with biology is also preferred.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Prior experience with an industry recognized quality process a plus
Required Skills :
- General lab practices skill sets
- Proficient computer capabilities (MS Office and Google Docs)
- Strong verbal, written, and math skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe and confident chemical handling, and chemistry skills.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Fine manual dexterity skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a team-work oriented contributor
Qualified candidates should possess the following skill sets and attributes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic chemical laboratory skills through University coursework and/or internships,
- or previous industrial experience and be able to conduct general chemistry studies independently in the
- Be able to contribute to designing experiments, but should be independent in the lab executing them, and a self-
- motivated professional for a position with majority lab work
- Be able to handle routine and repetitive lab tasks for extended periods of time and have a detail orientation.
- Must have superior collaboration skills and work well with-in teams and across departments.
- Six Months or more industry chemistry oriented lab experience preferred (full-time, co-op, or internships)