We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a ‘world-class’ candidate experience from the moment you click ‘Apply’! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential, while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on our promise.
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for you!
Beacon is currently seeking a Clinical Appointment Services Coordinator to join our team at our Kapolei, Hawaii office. The Clinical Appointment Services Coordinator is responsible for outreach, screening, tracking, and managing health plan members who are referred to the Beacon Care Management program for behavioral health. The Appointment Services Coordinator will work closely with the Beacon Care Manager to assist identified members with mild/moderate impairments. He/she will interact collaboratively with multiple systems to ensure appropriate linkage to services and community resources.
What does a typical day look like?
- Foster a collaborative relationship between providers, community agencies, managed care organizations, and Beacon staff in order to ensure members receive timely and integrated access to services across the continuum of care.
- Work with members to provide effective and efficient care coordination
- Assist members in scheduling appointments and accessing community resources
- Accurate and timely documentation in company database of member activities and interventions
- Maintains logs and other data bases regarding care coordination activities.
- Track aftercare outpatient appointments following inpatient or acute levels of care of assigned caseload.
- Continuously expand knowledge of community resources, services and programs available to members and build ongoing relationships with these organizations to advocate for members
- Assist TA Coordinator with the development of case management and crisis plans for medical treatment and/or behavioral modification within the scope of practice.
- Coordinates, with oversight by TA Coordinator, all information and referral functions from those calls including initiation of care plans to ensure continuity and integration of services.
- Assist members in accessing care by educating providers, members and providing/arranging transportation as necessary.
- Participate in monthly meetings to discuss feedback from providers/members re: our continuum of care. Additionally, assist in identifying gaps in covered services.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned and required.
What you Contribute?
Education: High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required. A Bachelor’s degree in a health related field (social work, psychology) is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Two or more years’ experience in a clinical support environment required.
- Experience providing patient navigation or community health worker services is a plus
- Experience in customer service, preferably within a mental health related field.
- Familiarity with role of Managed Behavioral Care organization in mental health & substance abuse treatment.
- Knowledge of levels of care and resources available for the treatment of mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Ability to complete telephonic assessments; distinguish emergency, urgent and routine situations for appropriate referrals.
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary team.
Shift: M-F 8:00 am – 5:00pm
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it’s not just a job – it’s an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original thinkers.
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest potential
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.