Beacon Communities LLC Littleton, MA
- Expired: July 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Maintenance Supervisor - Pondside at Littleton, Littleton, MA
General Statement of Duties: Responsible for the property’s maintenance and facilities operations to enhance the value of the community. Supervises maintenance staff. Maintains property’s equipment and machinery. Develops and adheres to maintenance budget and expenditures.
- Supervises maintenance staff and serves as company representative with contractors, vendors, inspectors, city officials, and temporary staff. Coordinates and assists with training maintenance staff.
- Schedules and assists with daily operations (service orders, repaints/re-carpets, apartment turnovers, etc.).
- Performs various maintenance functions as needed, including minor repairs that do not require the need for a license in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, painting, and heating/air issues.
- Completes minor repairs and improvements in vacant units for market ready status in a timely manner.
- Performs general carpentry duties such as wallboard repair, countertop/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, and ceramic tile repair. Assists with vinyl floor, cove and wall base installation.
- Reviews and tracks progress of service orders.
- Schedules and participates in emergency on-call shifts and after-hours maintenance.
- Monitors inventory and purchases of maintenance supplies. Prepares purchase orders, requisitions, and contracts for maintenance equipment, supplies and services.
- Develops and adheres to maintenance budget. Authorizes maintenance expenditures.
- Conducts apartment and property inspections.
- Assists with the development and/or updating of Capital Needs Assessment.
- Monitors completion of preventive maintenance schedule.
- Oversees and assists with trash and snow removal.
- Assists with keeping contractor COIs and Service Agreements up to date.
- Oversees capital projects. Creates work scopes and contracts as needed.
- Holds maintenance staff accountable, gives feedback, and takes corrective action as needed.
- Oversees the safeguarding of company equipment, materials, common areas, mechanical rooms, and vacant apartments.
- Assists in minimizing energy and utility usage.
- Assists office staff as needed.
- Assists at other Beacon properties as requested by Supervisors or Managers.
- Communicates with property management on a daily basis.
- Maintains decorating replacement schedules. Oversees and schedules unit and common area painting.
- Schedules and coordinates exterior siding repairs, emergency roof repairs and minor repairs to HVAC.
- Picks up and delivers supplies using company vehicle or personal vehicle.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules, safety practices, and regulations.
- Participates in and completes training seminars and on-line trainings as requested.
- Maintains the work order system prioritizing, delegating, and scheduling work as needed. Creates and update/closes work orders on both a computer and a tablet.
- Checks emails regularly and respond as needed on a timely basis
$500 payable after 90 days of employment
(New hires only)
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!
- Job Family
- Pay Type
- Required Education
Beacon Communities LLC
Real EstateView all jobs at Beacon Communities LLC