Technician I - SD
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
The Technician - I is an entry-level position within Beacon Communications – Operations Department. The Technician-I performs installation on projects including Healthcare, Education, Security, Audio-Visual, Voice/Data, and other technologies.
Technician–I employees have demonstrated a thorough competency in low voltage field installation techniques, and a thorough understanding of Beacon Communications’ standards and methodology.
The Technician–I will be responsible for duties associated with the installation of low voltage systems at the discretion of either the Project Manager or the onsite designated project lead.
1. Assist technicians and/or Project Manager with accomplishing tasks essential to timely and scheduled completion of projects.
2. Completion of daily tasks as assigned by the technician leading the project or the Project Manager.
3. Demonstrate ability to accomplish assigned tasks on schedule.
4. Demonstrate basic installation methodology in wire pull, device installation, wire pathing, and other tasks as assigned.
5. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of systems upon which factory certification is achieved.
6. Demonstrate thorough understanding of Beacon Communications’ policies, procedures and guidelines.
7. Provide accurate ADP time entry to Coordination Manager according to Beacon Communications’ policies.
8. Limited overnight travel, as necessary.
9. Demonstrate understanding of Beacon projects, and work toward advancing to Technician II.
10. Arrive for work on time, dressed in a professional manner acceptable for the work to be performed.
11. Other duties as assigned that align with the nature of Beacon Communications system offerings.
12. Realizing that customer relations and customer satisfaction is our primary goal, perform in a professional manner demonstrating courtesy and respect to Beacon customers.
13. Tools will be provided to Tech 1 on an “as needed” basis. Tech 1 will be responsible for providing reasonable care in protecting and maintaining tools. Cost of repair or replacement for tools that are lost or damaged due to negligence will be deducted from Technician -1’s pay at the sole discretion of Beacon Management.
14. Exemplify Beacon Core Values of; Customer Service, Communication, Team Work and Integrity.
1. Project related activities will be performed under the supervision of the assigned Project Manager or technician onsite leading the project.
2. Service related activities will be performed under the supervision of the technician leading the project, Service Coordinator, or Service Manager.
3. All activities will be performed under the direct, or indirect, supervision of the Division Manager.
a. Basic knowledge and understanding of low-voltage related installation considerations and techniques.
b. Factory certification on a Beacon Communications’ offered system must be desired for continued advancement.
c. Basic understanding of OSHA guidelines as well as the NEC and TIA/EIA standards.
2. Skills and Abilities
a. Experience in installation related to low-voltage technologies.
b. Ability to read blue prints and construction drawings.
c. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple types of end-user customers
d. Strong “team player.”
a. High School Diploma or approved equivalent.
a. Two years’ experience in low-voltage installation is desirable.
1. Work environment can be an office environment, medical facility, educational facility, or a customer site under construction, renovation or warehouse space.
2. Job sites will have a variety of environmental factors including but not limited to noise, dust, and temperature changes. PPE (personal protective equipment) is to be worn under all appropriate conditions.
3. Employee must have capability to transfer job sites at management’s discretion.
1. Ability to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
2. Requires sitting, prolonged standing, walking, handling, gripping, pushing, pulling, and reaching over head with force. Also requires stooping, crouching, crawling on knees and work along floors/sub floors.
3. Ability to physically transport ladders up to 12 feet in height and lift ladders off of vehicle roof racks. Must be willing and able to climb and stand on ladders and scaffolding.
4. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds, sometimes overhead.
5. Ability to use power actuated hand tools, i.e., hammers, drills, saws.
6. Ability to see a full spectrum of color for correct wire identification.
7. Maintain a clear background check in order to satisfy customer jobsite badging requirements.
8. Willing to submit to all vaccinations and screening tests required for customer jobsite badging protocol.
9. Maintain a clear drug and alcohol screening protocol.
10. Maintain a valid Drivers’ License
11. Ability to navigate all types of construction sites.
12. 20-30% travel requirement in Rocky Mountain region, as needed.
13. Consistent, dependable and timely attendance per schedule.
Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality solutions, most knowledgeable professionals and comprehensive warranties in the industry. Accurate, reliable communication systems are essential for saving and improving lives. Our goal is to keep organizations connected, resulting in increased safety, reduced operation costs, improved profitability, improved customer loyalty and overall satisfaction.
Beacon CommuncationsWhy Work Here?
We offer our employees the opportunity to keep schools, businesses, and hospitals safer. We provide vacation, stability, and MORE.
For over 20 years, Beacon has actively shaped the ever-growing industry of critical communications. We provide innovative and intuitive technology solutions for a wide range of industries and purposes, from audio/visual and security systems, to fully comprehensive IT and operational solutions. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality solutions, most knowledgeable professionals and comprehensive warranties in the industry. Accurate, reliable communication systems are essential for saving and improving lives. Our goal is to keep organizations connected, resulting in increased safety, reduced operation costs, improved profitability, improved customer loyalty and overall satisfaction.
3304 N. Potsdam Ave. Sioux FallsSioux Falls, SD