- $85,000 to $100,000 Yearly
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize service and software maintenance projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members with the service and operations departments. It will also involve coordination of third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. The Project Manager (PM) will ensure the effective alignment, integration, and control of all projects within key client accounts as assigned. The PM will apply Project management principles to ensure all components of the Project are appropriately delivered. The core elements of this role are organizing resources and seeing the Project/projects through from inception to completion. The PM will have ultimate responsibility for meeting business and client needs and ensuring our customers’ needs are being met. The role of PM will require an interactive relationship with Project Management as well as other departments within the company. This role will include both Project Management and Project Manager duties. Projects may originate in any of the Beacon offices and may require in-person meetings. The PM serves as the central hub of communication within the Project both internally and externally. The PM is expected to maintain a high level of communication with all parties and is authorized to make critical decisions on assigned projects. The PM will anticipate and understand potential issues and arm themselves with the necessary information to prepare, organize, plan, and coordinate activities so projects can be successfully delivered This role must establish rapport with the customers, work within the customers’ facility specific requirements and fulfill the customer’s perceived needs while maintaining a positive, professional working relationship. Customer Satisfaction is of the utmost importance in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Estimate projects change orders and write proposals.
- Draft and submit revised project budgets and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Coordinate with the Field Operations Manager, Operation Management and Service to allocate project manpower resources.
- Set and continually manage project expectations and project budget with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team in conjunction with the Operations Management Team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables including Weekly Customer Updates, Submittals, Shop Drawings, Closeout Documents and Redline Drawings
- Coordinate End User Training with the customer and the appropriate Beacon employee(s).
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project closeouts and create recommendations reports to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Exemplify Beacon Core Values of, Customer Service, Communication, Teamwork, and Integrity.
- Develop creative solutions to problems.
- Identify creative ways to deliver additional profit if possible.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Experience managing multiple team members within the industry is a plus.
· Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office, including Outlook, and Excel.
· Experience of working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
· Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
· Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
· Flexible during times of change.
· Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
· Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
· Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in difficult situations with employees with various personalities and emotions.
· Must understand implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations and be held accountable for project outcomes.
· Strong “team player”
· Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
Education, License and Experience:
Bachelors’ Degree in Project Management or 8 years Low Voltage industry experience with 5 years supervisory experience in low voltage systems.
· Requires prolonged sitting, standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination for data input.
· Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 30 pounds.
· Must maintain a clear background check in order to satisfy customer jobsite badging requirements.
· Must be willing to submit to all vaccinations and screening tests required for customer jobsite badging protocol.
· Must maintain a valid drivers’ license.
· Consistent, reliable, and timely attendance
· Maintain a clear drug and alcohol screening protocol.
· Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· 20-30% travel requirement, as needed.
Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality solutions, most knowledgeable professionals and comprehensive warranties in the industry. Accurate, reliable communication systems are essential for saving and improving lives. Our goal is to keep organizations connected, resulting in increased safety, reduced operation costs, improved profitability, improved customer loyalty and overall satisfaction.
We offer our employees the opportunity to keep schools, businesses, and hospitals safer. We provide vacation, stability, and MORE.
For over 25 years, Beacon has actively shaped the ever-growing industry of critical communications. We provide innovative and intuitive technology solutions for a wide range of industries and purposes, from audio/visual and security systems, to fully comprehensive IT and operational solutions. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality solutions, most knowledgeable professionals and comprehensive warranties in the industry. Accurate, reliable communication systems are essential for saving and improving lives. Our goal is to keep organizations connected, resulting in increased safety, reduced operation costs, improved profitability, improved customer loyalty and overall satisfaction.
Beacon CommuncationsAlbuquerque, NM
WebsiteView All Beacon Communcations Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.