Bus Driver - Part Time
This is a part time position, up to 24 hours a week.
Director of Transportation
The Bus Driver is responsible for providing safe and dependable transportation for the Beacon College community.
The following duties are customary for this position; however, this may not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be assigned, added or removed per management discretion and institutional needs.
- Drive for the college established shuttle routes to various locations in Leesburg and surrounding areas as needed;
- Serving as a driver for Beacon College’s clubs and organizations for local outings as needed;
- Providing transportation in support of the Center for Career Development for student internships;
- Providing transportation in support of Academic field trips;
- Assisting Student Affairs and all College personnel as requested;
- Enforcing the College’s Student Code of Conduct and reporting violations in writing;
- Conducting pre- and post-trip safety vehicle inspections;
- Logging shuttle trips, mileage, and Code of Conduct violations;
- Providing medical transportation and inclement weather transportation as needed;
- Maintaining a strong customer service orientation with students, parents, staff and faculty;
- Beacon College busses are drug and tobacco free;
- Becoming familiar with all college policies and procedures, and complying with these policies and procedures.
- High school diploma required;
- Possess a valid Florida class “A” or “B” driver’s license with a “P” endorsement;
- Possess current medical certificate;
- Must be able to operate all Beacon vehicles, wheel chair lifts and able to properly secure wheel chair recipients;
- Must be able to balance oneself, climb up steps, strongly grip objects, stoop, bend, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Be physically capable of assisting persons with special needs;
- Be able to safely operate a vehicle in inclement weather conditions;
- Pre-employment drug screen, MVR and background check;
- Able to work flexible hours and weekends as needed;
- Maintain a strong customer service orientation with students, parents, faculty and staff;
- Assist Student Affairs and all College personnel as requested;
- Attend all professional development and driver training as required;
- Become familiar with all College policies and procedures, and complying with these policies and procedures;
- All other duties as assigned.
Beacon College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for employment and promotion without regard to race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender history, marital status, family status and responsibility, political and religious conviction, impairment or pregnancy.
Become part of a community dedicated to students with learning differences.
Beacon College is dedicated to attracting talented, high caliber staff and supporting all employees in their professional development. Beacon College offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit program and rewarding employment in a growing educational community. Beacon College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Beacon College seeks qualified and diverse candidates with multicultural experience including members of protected class groups. To find out more about the Beacon College community please visit our website at www.beaconcollege.edu.
Beacon CollegeLeesburg, FL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.