Senior Systems Engineer - Splunk
- Expired: March 12, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Beacon Cloud Solutions, Inc is seeking a Splunk Systems Administrator/Network Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Role Description: Ideal candidate will have knowledge in the following skills:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Splunk
- Expeience with Splunk query language, console, and dashboards
- Implement, configure, and administer Linux based servers as well as network infrastructure of an enterprise level information system.
- Experience with hardware setup and troubleshooting within a Linux operating system.
- Virtualization experience using VMWare vSAN in a ESXI hypervisor.
- Basic networking understanding, including DNS, DHCP, IP addressing and routing.
- Experience handling network infrastructure, system maintenance, and installment of software updates.
- Perform Patch management tasks include: maintaining current knowledge of available patches, deciding what patches are appropriate for particular systems, ensuring that patches are installed properly, testing systems after installation, and documenting all associated procedures.
- Perform basic Windows Systems Administrator duties.
- Provide tier II/III end-user support, effectively resolving technical issues and providing technical assistance for all operating systems and hardware escalated from a ticketing system.
- Experience configuring and managing TCP/IP networking on Linux (RHEL) systems.
- Familiar with network scanners; vulnerability mitigation; remediation; risk management.
- Familiar with DISA ACAS, EPO, STIGS, and SCAP scans.
- Familiar with open-source and COTS tools such as SPLUNK, Suricata, Bro, and Zeek.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Knowledge of SHARKCAGE, NCSA, CITC, and CND Deployer Toolkit.
- Experience with GRE/IPSEC (VPN) tunneling and installation, implementation, and troubleshooting of network topologies is desirable (Juniper or Cisco Devices).
- Skilled in the use of methods and practices for troubleshooting, recovering adjusting, modifying, and improving IT networks.
- Experience upgrading using YUM utilities and installing RPM packages for several servers.
- Familiar with Remedy ticketing system, JIRA SCRUM and Kanboards.
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with DOD/NIST standards, developing information security operational policies and monitoring security measures for information systems.
Min Required Certification: IAT level 1
Required Education & Experience:
- Possesses or willingness to gain a certification in Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) and Juniper Networks Certified Associate-Junos (JNCIA-Junos)
- 10+ years of Linux, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of Remedy, security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance (Employee / Family Plans)
- BCS covers 100% employee and 100% employee + family, on qualifying plans
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Employee Purchase Stock Options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off [Manager approvals required]
- Personal Internet Reimbursement (up to $50.00 per month)
- Fun Stuff Funds (up to $100.00 per fiscal quarter)
Powered by JazzHR
Beacon Cloud Solutions, Inc.
AddressSan Diego, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Beacon Cloud Solutions, Inc.