Outside Sales Representative
Beacon Building Products West Barnstable, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
We are currently seeking a self motivated experienced Outside Sales Rep for our team at Beacon Building Products.
Beacon Building Products Company, is a vibrant and fast-paced environment where self-motivation, passion and resourcefulness are rewarded. We are one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has over 500 locations throughout the US and 6 Canadian provinces with more than 6,000 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having the best team, integrity, exceptional service and quality building products.
Beacon Building Products is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006, Beacon Building Products was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
We are looking for bright minds that share a passion for outside sales and can deliver on expectations.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Meet or exceed the sales and margin expectations for the assigned territory.
- Have experience in 2-step selling.
- Develop new business opportunities through cold calls and lead generation.
- Use Salesforce, Cognos, and Mincron reports available to help manage a sales territory.
- Use the necessary phone and field selling skills to sell our products and services to our customers.
- Build strong customer relationships.
- Exceed the overall performance and development of assigned and newly assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive monthly and annual sales plan for the assigned territory to service and expand our business with existing and new customers.
- Coordinate closely with our inside sales support team and our vendors to plan and execute the promotion of products and services to customers.
- Organize sales activities so that face to face selling time to the customer is maximized.
- Demonstrate solid business sales acumen and professionalism to make a positive impact on all prospects and customers.
- Maintain social, ethical and organization values of Beacon. Conduct business activity, at all times, in a manner consistent with the company's corporate culture.
- Drive sales growth through consistent daily effort.
What are the requirements?
- Demonstrated record of year over year sales growth.
- Strong ability to develop new business while maintaining existing business.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Experience in residential or commercial sales in a plus, but not required.
- Sales, business management or distribution industries preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Internet, Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn and use Salesforce.
- Mincron knowledge preferred or the ability to learn our inventory management system.
- Ability to learn product lines.
- Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, and shows an air of confidence.
- Is a self-starter. Will take action to achieve goals.
- Takes a sincere interest in what the customer or prospect really needs to improve his business.
- Copes well in competitive sales situations with little supervision and possesses strong negotiation skills.
- Is motivated by selling (interested, enthusiastic and committed to the sales function).
- Consistently make the kind of effort necessary to accomplish sales goals.
- Maintains a Good Driving Safety Record.
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Willingness to develop new and existing skills through educational programs with both company provided and vendor supported training.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Paid holidays and paid time off
Beacon Building ProductsWhy Work Here?
The foundation of our business is the quality people who staff it and the corporate culture that supports their efforts.
Beacon Building Products, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has over 500 locations in 50 US states and 6 Canadian provinces and more than 8,000 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having quality people, quality service and quality building products.
96 Lombard AVEWest Barnstable, MA
BusinessView all jobs at Beacon Building Products