Beacon Behavioral Hospital Baton Rouge, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
1. Must be licensed by the State where your hiring facility is located by either LPC, LCSW
2. 1 year of therapy experience, behavioral health setting preferred.
3. Certification in Basic Life Support required.
4. Certification in non-violent crisis intervention.
1. Support and implement the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of Beacon Behavioral
2. Uphold and embody Beacon Behavioral Health’s 5 Commandments for Exceptional
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Provides clinical interventions (group, individual, family therapy) in accordance with the
physician’s plan of treatment.
2. Assesses and reassesses social and emotional factors in order to help the patient and
family cope with problems in daily living to help them follow medical recommendations
to maximize the client’s health condition.
3. Develops the plan of care with the multidisciplinary clinical team, physician, patient,
and family to deal with personal, financial, and environmental difficulties that may
interfere with the health and wellness continuum. Develops discharge plan in
conjunction with multidisciplinary clinical team, patient and family/caregiver.
4. Counsels patients/families/primary caregivers concerning the facilitation of the medical
plan of treatment.
5. Recognizes and utilizes community and family resources to assist the client in long-term
plans for life in the community or to learn to live with the patient’s disability.
6. Documents individualized multidisciplinary progress notes and group progress notes
with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies. Submits accurate documentation
within mandated time frame.
7. Keeps abreast of mental health and therapy trends and knowledge. Participates in inservice
8. Cooperates with appropriate staff to provide staff education when requested and
arranged by either Corporate Staff Educator and/or facility Leadership.
9. Conducts and documents a minimum of three (3) billable psychotherapy services per
day which may include individual/family psychotherapy and/or group psychotherapy as
ordered by the physician.
10. Attends and participates in weekly treatment team meetings and makes adjustments to
treatment plan accordingly. Responsible for completeness of treatment plan during
treatment team conference and upon discharge.
11. Completes psychosocial assessment by the 3rd day of treatment.
12. Ensures family contact, if applicable, is made with in 24 hours of admission.
13. Serves as a liaison in the community as needed.
14. Advocates for patient rights (confidentiality, ethical issues, complaints, participates and
is advised of the care).
15. Facilitate case management services and coordinate discharge planning with other
multidisciplinary treatment team members for all assigned patients.
16. Maintain awareness for indicators in client’s behavior (either positive or negative),
communicate any changes to the other multidisciplinary treatment team members as to
document these issues in the Master Treatment Plan.
17. Facilitates psycho-education groups as needed. Assures timely and accurate
documentation of all groups facilitated.
18. Participates in PI clinical record audits as delegated by facility Leadership.
19. Strictly adheres to the code of ethics as defined by State licensure codes of ethics.
20. Maintains universal precautions while administering care to clients and is
knowledgeable of policies, procedures, and protocol regarding infection control.
21. Follows all facilities policies and procedures.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to
perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Beacon’s mission, “to provide unsurpassed patient care in a compassionate, cost effective, and ethical manner,” has been, and will always be, the cornerstone of Beacon’s success. We are proud of our success in offering our clients superior mental health programs that focus on putting their needs first and helping our clients see “a Guiding Light Towards a Brighter Tomorrow.”
Beacon Behavioral HospitalWhy Work Here?
Great company, in business for over 20 years!
Beacon Behavioral Hospital, formerly known as Synergy, was first established in 1998 as a free standing Community Mental Health Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Today, Beacon employs over 300 caring staff at seven different outpatient locations in Louisiana: Baton Rouge, Metairie, Slidell, Hammond, Houma, Bogalusa, Bunkie and Lutcher as well as four hospitals located in New Orleans, Lacombe, Bunkie and Lutcher, Louisiana. Beacon’s mission, “to provide unsurpassed patient care in a compassionate, cost effective, and ethical manner,” has been, and will always be, the cornerstone of Beacon’s success. We are proud of our success in offering our clients superior mental health programs that focus on putting their needs first and helping our clients see “a Guiding Light Towards a Brighter Tomorrow.”
AddressBaton Rouge, LA