Day and Night positions available.
1. Must have Registered Nurse Licensure in the state of operation.
2. Must have at a minimum:
-Bachelor’s, Associate degree or diploma in nursing with documented evidence of educational program focused on treating psychiatric patients. At least 2 years of nursing experience, 1 year of which was providing nursing care to the mentally ill, OR receive regular documented supervision/consultation from a Master’s prepared psychiatric nurse.
3. Certification in Basic Life Support required.
4. Certification in non-violent crisis intervention.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Functioning as the Charge RN for their assigned shift, is responsible for providing the
nursing care delivery system and supervising the clinical programming during assigned
shift. Assures that the nursing care provided remains compatible and reflects the ANA
standards for psychiatric-mental health service provision
2 During assigned shift, is responsible for supervising LPNs, CNA’s and/or Mental Health
3 The RN’s responsibilities include the implementation of a high-quality treatment
program, overall management of the hospital and supervision of nursing and clinical
4. Serves to assist the DON as the liaison between the program staff and medical staff of
the hospital, during assigned shift.
5. Assists the DON in budget compliance and assuring staffing guidelines are achieved in
the provision of professional nursing services to meet patient needs
6. Assist with nursing Performance Improvement contributions to problem identification, investigation, actions and monitoring of resolutions in effecting patient care and customer satisfaction systems.
7. Participates in the development and implementation of the Plan of Care in coordination with other members of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
8. Facilitates appropriate nursing action(s) in response to administrative directives and a changing healthcare environment.
9. Delegates assignments to Certified Nursing Assistants and/or Mental Health Technicians and assists Director of Nursing by providing input into their annual performance evaluations.
10. Participates, as directed by the DON, in the QAPI plan, Infection Control initiatives, risk management data collection, clinical chart audits and assures that all deficiencies and clearly identified for compliance.
11. Performs other duties and special projects as required.
12. Facilitates and documents Admission Assessment on all new patients admitted on their assigned shift.
13. Administers individual nursing care as ordered by the physician.
14. Facilitates nursing psycho-education groups as needed and ordered by the physician.
15. Provides individual patient education as ordered by the physician.
16. Assures timely and accurate clinical documentation for all nursing clinical services provided.
17. Manages medication administration; monitoring and storage of medication.
18. Performs a physical nursing evaluation on every patient assigned during their assigned shift and document status on the Patient Status Assessment.
19. When they occur during assigned shift, attends treatment team meetings and provides nursing input into patient treatment planning.
20. Updates and maintains multi-disciplinary treatment plan.
21. Coordinates with ancillary support services: Dietary, Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, Psychological Services, etc.
22. Administers Respiratory Care as ordered by MD including, but not limited to: continuous flow oxygen, nebulizer treatments, oral suction to include tracheostomy tube.
23. Responsible for obtaining needed resources to address patient care needs such as: emergency medical treatment and transfers, medications, medical treatment, etc.
24. Is responsible for communicating to the physician when medical complications arise outside of the scope of hospital services, obtaining orders from MD and facilitating transfer of patient when applicable.
25. Responsible for medication administration and assuring all MD orders are followed and documented accordingly during the assigned shift.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.