Licensed Practical Nurse
Beacon Behavioral Hospital New Orleans, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Must have Practical Nurse Licensure in the state of operation.
3. Minimum of 1 year experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, experience in behavioral health care preferred.
4. Certification in Basic Life Support required.
5. Certification in non-violent crisis intervention.
1. Support and implement the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of Beacon Behavioral Hospital.
2. Uphold and embody Beacon Behavioral Hospital’s 5 Commandments for Exceptional Customer Service.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Participates in the planning, coordinating and documenting total patient care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Accurately reports and records the patient’s condition and care, including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change.
- Prepares clinical/progress notes daily and incorporates into the clinical record weekly, and documents monthly recertifications/Master Treatment Plan Updates in coordination with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living while teaching appropriate self-care techniques.
- Educates and supervises other healthcare personnel in providing continuity of care.
- Initiates and sustains the implementation of all physician orders.
- Remains cognizant of Medicare reimbursement criteria, current charting needs and dates of recertification of all patients under his/her care and supervision.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes.
- Participates in case conferences, in-services, and other programs and meetings as needed.
- Facilitates nursing psych-education groups as needed. Assures complete and timely documentation of each group facilitated.
- Complete Nursing Health Screen for every new admission. Communicate any issues/concerns with physician.
- Assist with nursing Performance Improvement contributions to problem identification, investigation, actions and monitoring of resolutions in effecting patient care and customer satisfaction systems.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Plan of Care in coordination with other members of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Facilitates appropriate nursing action(s) in response to administrative directives and a changing healthcare environment.
- Participates, as directed by the DON, in the QAPI plan, Infection Control initiatives, risk management data collection, clinical chart audits and assures that all deficiencies and clearly identified for compliance.
- Coordinates with ancillary support services: Dietary, Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, Psychological Services, etc.
- Administers Respiratory Care as ordered by MD including, but not limited to: continuous flow oxygen, nebulizer treatments, oral suction to include tracheostomy tube.
- Responsible for obtaining needed resources to address patient care needs such as: emergency medical treatment and transfers, medications, medical treatment, etc.
- Is responsible for communicating to the physician when medical complications arise outside of the scope of hospital services, obtaining orders from MD and facilitating transfer of patient when applicable.
- Responsible for medication administration and assuring all MD orders are followed and documented accordingly during the assigned shift.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Beacon’s mission, “to provide unsurpassed patient care in a compassionate, cost effective, and ethical manner,” has been, and will always be, the cornerstone of Beacon’s success. We are proud of our success in offering our clients superior mental health programs that focus on putting their needs first and helping our clients see “a Guiding Light Towards a Brighter Tomorrow.”
Beacon Behavioral HospitalWhy Work Here?
Great company, in business for over 20 years!
Beacon Behavioral Hospital, formerly known as Synergy, was first established in 1998 as a free standing Community Mental Health Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Today, Beacon employs over 300 caring staff at seven different outpatient locations in Louisiana: Baton Rouge, Metairie, Slidell, Hammond, Houma, Bogalusa, Bunkie and Lutcher as well as four hospitals located in New Orleans, Lacombe, Bunkie and Lutcher, Louisiana. Beacon’s mission, “to provide unsurpassed patient care in a compassionate, cost effective, and ethical manner,” has been, and will always be, the cornerstone of Beacon’s success. We are proud of our success in offering our clients superior mental health programs that focus on putting their needs first and helping our clients see “a Guiding Light Towards a Brighter Tomorrow.”