1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Must have Practical Nurse Licensure in the state of operation.
3. Minimum of 1 year experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, experience in behavioral health care preferred.
4. Certification in Basic Life Support required.
5. Certification in non-violent crisis intervention.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Participates in the planning, coordinating and documenting total patient care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
2. Accurately reports and records the patient's condition and care, including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change.
3. Prepares clinical/progress notes daily and incorporates into the clinical record weekly, and documents monthly recertifications/Master Treatment Plan Updates in coordination with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
4. Assists the patient with activities of daily living while teaching appropriate self-care techniques.
5. Educates and supervises other healthcare personnel in providing continuity of care.
6. Initiates and sustains the implementation of all physician orders.