1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Must have Practical Nurse Licensure in the state of operation.
3. Minimum of 1 year experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, experience in behavioral health care preferred.
4. Certification in Basic Life Support required.
5. Certification in non-violent crisis intervention.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Participates in the planning, coordinating and documenting total patient care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Accurately reports and records the patient’s condition and care, including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change.
- Prepares clinical/progress notes daily and incorporates into the clinical record weekly, and documents monthly recertifications/Master Treatment Plan Updates in coordination with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living while teaching appropriate self-care techniques.
- Educates and supervises other healthcare personnel in providing continuity of care.
- Initiates and sustains the implementation of all physician orders.
- Remains cognizant of Medicare reimbursement criteria, current charting needs and dates of recertification of all patients under his/her care and supervision.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes.
- Participates in case conferences, in-services, and other programs and meetings as needed.
- Facilitates nursing psych-education groups as needed. Assures complete and timely documentation of each group facilitated.
- Complete Nursing Health Screen for every new admission. Communicate any issues/concerns with physician.
- Assist with nursing Performance Improvement contributions to problem identification, investigation, actions and monitoring of resolutions in effecting patient care and customer satisfaction systems.
Beacon’s mission, “to provide unsurpassed patient care in a compassionate, cost effective, and ethical manner,” has been, and will always be, the cornerstone of Beacon’s success. We are proud of our success in offering our clients superior mental health programs that focus on putting their needs first and helping our clients see “a Guiding Light Towards a Brighter Tomorrow.”
Beacon Behavioral Hospital
Why Work Here?Beacon Behavioral Hospital, formerly known as Synergy, was first established in 1998 as a free standing Community Mental Health Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Today, Beacon employs over 300 caring staff at seven different outpatient locations in Louisiana: Baton Rouge, Metairie, Slidell, Hammond, Houma, Bogalusa, Bunkie and Lutcher as well as four hospitals located in New Orleans, Lacombe, Bunkie and Lutcher, Louisiana. Beacon’s mission, “to provide unsurpassed patient care in a compassionate, cost effective, and ethical manner,” has been, and will always be, the cornerstone of Beacon’s success. We are proud of our success in offering our clients superior mental health programs that focus on putting their needs first and helping our clients see “a Guiding Light Towards a Brighter Tomorrow.”
Great company, in business for over 20 years!