Beacon Bay Construction Winter Park, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Beacon Bay Construction is seeking an experienced Residential/Commercial Construction Superintendent to play a pivotal role in successfully managing residential and commercial construction projects from start to finish. Our skilled, hardworking team is critical to our growth and success. We are looking for a long-term team member who is self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, and a strong relationship builder who works well with others and independently and takes pride in his or her craft. The right candidate's primary responsibility is to manage all functions of the job site while providing excellent customer service. This candidate will effectively manage all projects from permit to completion while maintaining company construction and safety standards.
Please note that we are only hiring local candidates that live in the Orlando and surrounding areas. We are not hiring out of state candidates or offering relocation assistance.
- Be able to effectively and successfully manage the construction and completion of quality projects within desired time frames, budgets, and company standards.
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve and build a professional rapport with customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company.
- Cultivate, build, and maintain strong client relationships by providing outstanding communication and listening efforts on a continual basis.
- Maintains a safe work site by implementing safety requirements and good housekeeping regulations, enforcing safe work habits, and observing OSHA requirements and maintaining compliance with all applicable building codes
- Takes a proactive versus reactive approach on eliminating problems before they have a chance to appear and result in damage to the project, our company, and the client.
- Coordinate materials and equipment delivery with vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinate scheduling of subcontractors, consultants, inspectors, and vendors to complete each project on time.
- Work with the VP of Construction and HR Manager on hiring additional subcontractors and assign work accordingly.
- Travel between multiple job sites and simultaneously manage work loads of individual projects in an effective and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards.
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by the VP of Construction or management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 15+ years’ experience preferred in a Superintendent capacity
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented and excellent follow-up skills
- Must be able to read blueprints
- In depth knowledge of residential renovations and additions preferred
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Basic computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel) – builder software a plus, but not required
- Bilingual desired
- Great driving record with active Driver’s License
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must have excellent work related references from previous or current supervisors
- This position will primarily work outside in all types of weather conditions and environments including but not limited to possible high, precarious places and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds when needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear; and smell.
- Life, AD&D, Accident, Hospitalization
- Short-Term / Long-Term Disability
- Monthly Truck Allowance
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays
- PTO (paid time off)
It is the policy of Beacon Bay Construction to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, genetic information, marital status, or other non-merit-based factors. This Job Description is intended as a guide for the position referenced and is subject to modification by the Company from time to time, as the Company or position evolves to meet business and client needs.
Beacon Bay Construction
AddressWinter Park, FL
ConstructionView all jobs at Beacon Bay Construction