REPORTS TO: Medical Director
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a highly responsible medical support position providing unit support services for Chemical Dependency clients. The nursing specialist will work closely with the clients, the Medical Director and clinical team. Accurate documentation, attention to detail, knowledge of ASAM protocols, maintaining medical supplies and the ability to perform crisis intervention is a must for this rewarding position.
· Must have a valid and unencumbered License in the state.
· Knowledge of standards for security, ethics, confidentiality, rules of conduct and professionalism
· Demonstrates skills and abilities in essential job functions, including but not limited to client screening, nursing intake procedures, client orientation, crisis intervention, coordination and scheduling of clients outside appointments, medication ordering, and appropriate documentation of medications taking by patients.
· Responsible for telephones and answering incoming enquires regarding agency medical client needs/supplies and equipment.
· Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
· Proven skill and ability to provide medical documentation within clinical records
· Able to acquire general working knowledge of clinical record management systems.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Be able to obtain or hold current CPR, First Aid, Triage, address signs and symptoms of chemical dependency withdrawal.
· For individuals recovering from substance abuse related disorder, said individuals must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two (2) years.
· Taking Vital Signs of clients on intake and at any other time the client make require medical attention.
· Administer inoculations, injections or medications when appropriate and as ordered by the Medical Director or ARNP.
· Responsible to supervise clients medical needs and accurate information provided to Medical Director/ARNP
· Demonstrate the competencies required for this position, including practice of program policies and procedures for implementing these duties specifically related to addiction withdrawal symptoms and ASAM protocols
· Demonstrate standards for security, ethics’, confidentiality, rules of conduct and professionalism for HIPAA compliance
· Ability to understand and respond to direction from the ARNP, clinical team and Medical Director
· Provide clear and accurate documentation of events occurring while on duty and accuracy of reporting to the Medical Director/ARNP
· Proven organizational skill to track supply needs of the medical department
· Promote a positive response to change, with clients as well as other staff members
· Engage in a lifestyle consistent with the principles promoted generally in recovery by Tide’s Edge Recovery Center.
· Inform Supervisor of Co-Worker Disputes and Boundary issues with Clients
· Other duties as assigned
· Must hold a valid and current Medical Assistant Certification and training in the state
· Must be current on all professional development training hours
· Preferably 2 years experience in an addictions treatment facility
· Fund of knowledge of differential diagnostic techniques for addiction withdrawal and psychiatric symptoms
· Must have proven skill with EMR systems, Microsoft Office programs, email etc.
· Must be fluent in verbal and written English and able to place medical orders to other physicians, psychiatrists, therapists clearly.
· Must be able to physically assist clients and lift 50 lbs, and support a client weighing as much as 250lbs.
· Proven experience responding to medical crisis such as client in seizure, client experiencing a fall or suicide attempt
Why Work Here?Great work environment
Treatment Done Right The First Time
Jacksonville Beach, FL