Interested and qualified candidates only, please apply in person at:
The Beachcomber Resort & Villas 1200 South Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL. 33062.
Monday thru Friday, 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM for open interviews.
*NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE*
Looking for an opportunity to work at a Trip Advisor top rated, active and vibrant ocean front beach resort? If so, The Beachcomber Resort & Villas might just be the home you are looking for.
The Beachcomber Resort & Villas has built its legacy by providing friendly, attentive, top notch service to our guests from around the world. If you have the talents & skills necessary for the job and are willing to commit to delivering our distinctive brand of hospitality; we invite you to apply for the position of Hotel Front Desk/Guest Service Agent.
Since the hotel business is a 24/7 operation, the ideal candidate will be able and willing to work flexible hours (including evenings up until 11:30 PM), weekends and holidays and adhere to work the schedule as issued. The ideal candidate has reasonable experience working in the hotel front desk position with a verifiable job history and/or a hospitality related business.
We are looking for an individual who is respectful and friendly and enjoys working with others as a team, will go the extra mile to take good care of each and every one of our guests. All of the Beachcomber’s team members are expected to be able to work in a fast paced work environment, under pressure with poise, courtesy and professionalism when interacting with our valued guests, fellow employees, management, and ownership and are required to follow all hotel policies and procedures (including but not limited to what is outlined in employee manual). Reliability, flexibility, integrity, attention to detail with regards to the job as well as a being in proper uniform with name tag, having a well groomed appearance and good personal hygiene are a must.
- Contributes to the hotel’s revenue & occupancy goals by effectively selling & utilizing the reservations system
- Follow rate/revenue instructions and hotel strategies as outlined by management.
- Take/make/enter/process hotel reservations, cancellations, and changes over the telephone, e-mail or in person. Sends confirmations of receipt & changes.
- Enter/make/enter/process reservations (and reservation cancelations and modifications) that the Beachcomber receives via fax, email from our hotel website, 3rd party travel web site channels (Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, and Allegiant Air, etc.).
- Process reservations and report confirmation of reservations from 3rd party travel web site (channels).
- File reservation paperwork properly.
- Demonstrates “service smarts” by providing personalized service for our guests’ needs and anticipating those needs before they ask.
- Answer main hotel switchboard, transfer calls to guest rooms, departmental extensions, administrative offices, and owners’ offices.
- Offer guest services such as answering guests and future reservation inquiries questions’ about airport transportation, rental car reservations, local area information, shopping & dining options, special events, cultural attractions, sports & entertainment venues, etc.
- Serves as an ambassador for the hotel by professionally interacting with hotel guests, potential hotel guests, restaurant/bar patrons, owners and vendors that come to the property & contact us by phone/email.
- Adheres to service training philosophy, phrases, and all other aspects contained in training documents and as discussed in training sessions.
- Effectively performs duties & tasks in welcoming the guest (check-in), interacting with the guest during the stay and thanking the guest (check out).
- Check in & check out hotel guests.
- Assist guests with baggage check & claim.
- Assist guest with “room shows” when houseman not readily available.
- Perform duties outlined on AM/PM shift checklist such as bin/bucket check, credit limits approvals, cashiers’ bank reconciliation, room rate pre-audit report, etc.
- Effectively manages in-house issues such as room moves, stayovers, upgrades, etc.
- Consistently follows hotel policies and procedures & keeps updated on issues via Innkeeper Notes, emails, postings & log books.
- Effectively plays a role in handling guest issues and concerns.
- Resolves guest complaints in a cordial and effective manner to assure total guest satisfaction.
- Conducts research, escalates as appropriate and interacts with accounting, management staff, owners and other departments or vendors as appropriate.
- Learns from issues and mistakes and doesn’t repeat.
- FOCUS ON THE CUSTOMER: Treats every guest like your family; makes guests feel special; handles guest’s needs, desires & wants.
- FOSTERS TEAMWORK: Fulfills own job responsibilities, meets expectations & proactively helps others before being asked. Works well in a team environment.
- DEMONSTRATES OPENNESS & RESPECT FOR OTHERS: Values others & remains open to new ideas & perspectives.
- COMMUNICATES EFFECTIVELY & SHARES INFORMATION: Clear & concise with communications (both verbal & non-verbal) & information so that customers & co-workers understand and can take action.
- TAKES RESPONSIBILITY: Demonstrates personal ownership of tasks & follow through to get the required results.
- ATTEND TO DETAIL: Ensures that data is accurate and work is thorough and to the highest standards.
- APPLY HOTEL KNOWLEDGE & SMARTS: Service expert who creates personalized, memorable experience for guest.
- APPEARANCE MATTERS: Complying with uniform & grooming standards, including nametags.
- BE PROFESSIONAL: Brings a positive, can-do attitude to work daily. Inspires others. Reluctant to gossip or get involved in rumors. Energized & ready to excel. Keeps personal life separate from work life.
Skills & Requirements:
- Be able to work in a fast paced work environment under pressure with poise and courtesy.
- Be able to multi task as needed.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Adhere to work schedule as issued.
- Ability to operate computer, point-of-sale systems, paging radio, etc.
- Utilize & manage cash and credit systems.
Compensation is on an hourly basis and immediately eligible for incentive bonus program.
The Hotel Front Desk/Guest Service Agent position does involve standing for extended periods of time, and the ability to lift, push, and/or pull 50+ lbs.
In order to qualify for any job at the Beachcomber, candidates will be subject to a professional background check, must have a valid photo ID, Social Security card, proof of citizenship and permission to work in the U.S.A. (as required by law).