Product Manager, BÉIS Travel
- $95,000 to $120,000 Yearly
Beach House Group, an awesome new company with giving at its core, is looking for a passionate, organized and detail-oriented Product Manager to join their fun, hard-working, results-driven, creative, and collaborative Product Development team! Reporting into the Director of Product Development will be responsible for coordinating the various stages involved in the planning, development and launch of new and/or rebranded products to grow product lines.
- Own product lifecycle, from inception, sampling process into product launch, as well as any post launch issue resolution, with the ability to manage across multiple seasons & collections
- Create and maintain tracking system that allows cross-functional teams to easily access PD materials and information
- Exhibit and execute on extensive knowledge of product construction specific to luggage, travel bags and accessory category
- Vast knowledge of material and component development with the ability to innovate, source and develop into new materials and components
- Proficient in construction, material development, design development of silhouette with concentration on function, finishing, embellishments and trim.
- Troubleshoot possible production issues related to construction, fabrication, or product quality with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Create, maintain, and update Tech Packs with detailed specifications including measurements, construction details and trim/fabric information – effectively communicating changes to product development and external manufacturing partners
- Review and analyze techpack to ensure production feasibility
- Ability to check sample to techpack to ensure proper execution
- Ensure all products and samples have achieved the construction, color and brand standards set forth by the design
- Manage any updates through the development process with the factories and internal team
- Research and stay up to date on trends in the category as well as trends in manufacturing, sustainability and materials
- Own and maintain product development timelines and work directly with suppliers on tracking project progress ensuring team's adherence to deliverables at every stage in the process. (e.g. concepting phase, initial construction samples completed, component part and material sourcing, samples received, etc.)
- Coordinate with all manufacturers, suppliers and factories on any manufacturing issues or delays and work internally and externally to find solutions and/or alternatives
- Drive sourcing efforts around desired pricing and product needs, negotiate costs with factories as needed and ensure cost structure meets margin goals
- Leverage existing and develop new manufacturing and sourcing relationships globally, introducing new, unique and innovative product, materials and components to the team
- Show creativity and resourcefulness to come up with solutions to issues which may arise during the development process and/or in anticipation to issues which may come up in sampling process and manufacturing
- Communicate development challenges to management on a timely basis, while offering alternative solutions
- Understand and manage QA/QC process, testing protocols, and regulations as they apply to product
- Manage product testing timeline and protocols to ensure all product meets or exceeds testing requriements relevant to each product and use
- Education: Product Design/Industrial Design or Engineer
- Years of work experience: 7+ years
- Extensive knowledge of materials and component sourcing and development
- Extensive experience and knowledge of structural construction within the category
- Has existing relationships globally within manufacturing and sourcing, within the category
- Color approval experience
- Timeline and project management expertise
- Cost of goods and margin management experience
- Very strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross functionally and globally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Project management
- Solidworks or 3D CAD capabilities
Salary Range: $95,000 - $120,000 annually
ABOUT BEACH HOUSE GROUP
A disruptive force of innovation in the beauty and lifestyle space, we are a brand incubator delivering thoughtful products and bold strategies that intuit the needs of today's consumer. Our expertise spans from brand and product development to design, licensing, and procurement services. We are on a continuous search for white space in the marketplace to develop brands that specifically fill that gap.
Beach House Group reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Beach House Group may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Beach House Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Beach House GroupEl Segundo, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.