- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The New Beach Bowl will be Jacksonville's Premiere Entertainment Venue!
Beach Bowl will be opening in the Spring of 2023 and is looking for an experienced General Manager!
Job Description: The General Manager is responsible for all facets of the operation and responsible for the long-term planning to ensure continued growth and success of the business. Required competencies may include, excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting, and finance skills, and strong leadership skills. The candidate must be someone who has the desire to successfully run, grow and develop the business, as well as effectively manage, coach, motivate, develop and direct their team of nearly (30) team members.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following;
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improving the sales, profitability, and performance of the business year over year
- Compliance with all operating and quality standards.
- Ensures guest relations and recovery program.
- Compliance with all operating and cost control tools.
- Creates/approves all weekly sales projections and team member schedules.
- Maintaining the team member development cycle: Hiring of quality staff, ensuring effective training, testing, and certification of team members with timely and thorough team member performance appraisals.
- Ensuring a harassment-free work environment. Also providing a safe and confidential reporting process.
- Overseeing an effective and legal progressive discipline program.
- Ensuring that team member benefits are properly administered.
- Spearheading annual budgeting of capital expenditures and business planning process.
- Maintaining the physical and equipment in a like-new condition.
- Maintaining effective communications with the Director of Sales and Marketing (DOSM) to ensure successful events/promotions.
- Operating of the facility and addressing safety/security concerns as necessary.
- Serve Safe Food Program compliance.
- Posting of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Administer and ensure compliance with Alcohol Awareness Program.
- Oversees daily operations of the venue
- Development of management staff through delegation, training, and follow-up.
- Facilitates management meetings and ensures transitional meetings are completed and ensures labor goals for each shift.
- Proactively manages all activities that affect the revenue, COGS, and guest experience
- Ensures the Daily Nonnegotiable tasks are being completed consistently and correctly.
- Manages all line items above EBITDAR on the P&L and ensures compliance with all cost control systems.
- Oversees team member recruitment, hiring, development, training, accountability, and progressive discipline and discharge.
- Ensures problem resolution and implementation of corrective actions.
- Leads guest recovery program.
- Assists on the floor when and where necessary to ensure a positive Guest experience.
- Interacts with Guests and ensures Guest exceptional service standards are met.
- Maintains a harassment-free work environment.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in Restaurant/Bar/Nightclub Management as a General Manager or Director-Level
- Bowling management experience preferred
- Experience in a high-volume setting
- Results-driven individual with a demonstrated record of prior success
- Excellent interpersonal skills with guests and team members
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and strong work ethic
- Must be available to work all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able and willing to stand or walk for up to 10-hour shifts
- Must be able to speak, read and comprehend English
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Reliable transportation
Perks of the Job:
- Health benefits, including medical/dental/vision, offered to all full-time team members after 90 days
- Paid Vacation
- Bonus Structure
Other: Drug-Free Workplace; ADA Compliant Employer; Equal Opportunity Employer
Reports to: Sr. VP of Operations
818 Beach BlvdJacksonville, FL
Get fresh Pro Bowl jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.