System Administrator / Engineer II - Torrey Hills
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Be Structured Technology Group, a fast-growing, fast-paced, and leading Los Angeles-based managed IT services (MSP/MSSP) company, is looking for a new team member to work at a client site in the Torrey Hills area of San Diego. As a Service Desk Administrator II, you will directly interact with our valued client on various service desk tickets ranging from password resets to complex server outages and everything in between. This position is well suited for Sys Admin II or Network Admin II individuals with a background in workstation support, server and storage support, virtualization, networking support, and detail-oriented and possess a high level of professionalism.
- Excellent Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- PTO, sick days, seven paid holidays
- Educational reimbursement
- Commuter benefit ($250/month)
Duties & Expectations
- Work with the client on assigned tasks, tickets, and deliverables
- Follow established procedures and best practices
- Manage priorities, deadlines, communication, and documentation
- Log all work performed in detail in our ticketing system
Expectations & KPIs
- 33 billable hours/week
- Meet or exceed customer SLAs
- Timely and professional client communication
- Evening, and weekend work when required
- Internal and external documentation
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through client feedback, surveys, etc.
- LAN/WAN technologies (Cisco, HP, Fortinet, SonicWall, Unifi routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, etc.…)
- On-prem server infrastructure and cloud-based solutions
- Backup solutions for both physical and virtual environments
- Windows and Mac computing environments
- Microsoft Server OS, AD, RDS, DNS, DHCP, Hyper-V
- Office 365 or Google Apps
- Intermediate to Advanced Networking Concepts – TCP/IP, Ethernet, LAN/WAN/WLAN, VoIP, RADIUS, LDAP, etc.
- Familiarity with Mac OS X Server/Workstation Support is a plus
Critical Soft Skills
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal forms
- Team player with a desire for a cooperative work environment, no ‘lone wolf’ types
- Cool and calm under pressure
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
Experiences and Pluses
- At least two years of real-world experience
- Previous MSP experience, working with PSA (ticketing) and RMM tools and related functions a BIG plus
- Autotask PSA, Datto RMM, SonicWALL, Ubiquiti UniFi, Dell, APC, Windows, Mac, and networking experience are all big pluses.
- Logical and critical thinking to get to the root cause and not just a temporary or band-aid fix.
Education and Certifications
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, MCSA 2016/2019, MCSE 2016/2019, MCITP: Server Admin, MCITP: Enterprise Admin, Cisco, A+, Sonicwall, or others beneficial
- Fluent in English; other languages a big plus
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance
- Willing to take and pass a background check
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods as required by preparing and analyzing data, test results, computer hardware, software, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware, and equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: stoop, reach, stand, walk, feel, talk, and hear.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Physical requirements of exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 25 lbs. of force frequently, and a negligible amount of pressure constantly to move objects.
- Frequent communications, often for extended periods, by telephone.
- Activities before and after regular business hours may be required.
- Reasonable accommodations are provided as required by state and federal disability laws.
Be Structured Technology Group
AddressSan Diego, CA
Get fresh System Administrator II jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.