Wellness Nurse - RN
Bayview Retirement Community Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bayview Retirement Community is currently seeking a RN!
Bayview is a great place to work! Bayview is an active, upbeat working atmosphere and a passion for excellence. Come work with a great team of NAC and Nurses that value teamwork and great patient care. Bayview is a place that appreciates our NAC and Nurses for all their hard work; we are looking for candidates who share these characteristics.
The Wellness Nurse is responsible for the clinic for independent living residents, and responds to independent living emergencies. The incumbent will identify and interpret resident needs and manage the clinical services to achieve, facility, and regulatory goals and standards. The incumbent will ensure that the highest degree of quality in care and clinical services is maintained at all times. The Wellness Nurse is responsible for the planning, coordination and overall staff development and infection control programs.
We are seeking an individual with previous experience, excellent communication, customer service skills and the ability to work independently.
- Provide intermittent skilled nursing services to residents (such as giving B12 shots or allergy shots monthly). Can provide skilled service such as staple removal with prescriber’s order, or intermittent wound care for simple follow-up of first aid incidents. Evaluates when to make referral to resident’s health care provider.
- Visit residents in Independent Living apartments who are reported to have emergent issues (falls or “being sick”) and help them (along with the Director of Social Services) and their families to access the health system effectively.
- Work with Director of Social Services to complete a pre-move-in assessment for residents transferring to Assisted Living.
- Manage the Home Care Program. Following State Home Care Regulations, provide comprehensive program in marketing services, assessing residents, developing a Plan of Service with family and resident and evaluating the effectiveness of services. Manage the Home Care Aides; hiring, orienting, scheduling, supervising and providing evaluation. Provide billing information to Bayview billing department in a timely manner. Manage the budget for this cost center.
- Develop specific Wellness Program goals for residents in Independent Living along with Inter- Disciplinary Team to establish goals for diet, chronic disease management, fitness and social engagement in or outside of the community. Support residents moving towards these goals. Transitioning appropriately and timely through continuum of care.
- Direct employee in-service educational programs in addition to training and supervising NAC’s to assure the highest degree of quality resident care
- Ensure that an effective Infection Control program is in place, and that all Health Services personnel follow established infection control procedures and precautuions.
Bayview is certified as a great place to work - an active, upbeat working atmosphere and a passion for excellence. We are looking for candidates who share these characteristics.
Once you have applied, your application will remain on file for 30 days. We will contact you directly if we need any additional information. If you have not heard from us by that time, we encourage you to re-apply for any open positions. We have up-to-date job openings on our website at www.bayviewcommunity.org
Bayview is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status