Primary Substance Abuse Counselor
Bayview Recovery LLC Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $53,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Job Title: Primary Therapist
Direct Supervisor: Clinical Director
Job Summary: This is a clinical position providing group and individual counseling for clients of Crestview Recovery. This position requires a knowledge and experience in addictions and mental health with the ability to make a diagnosis, work with medical staff and complete vital information for Utilization review. The Primary Therapist will follow clients' progress from a clinical standpoint from admittance to discharge, keep Clinical Director and Case Managers informed on any issues/problems with any clients and perform all documentation in accord with state licensing requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The Primary Therapist follows clients' progress throughout treatment processes:
a. Responsible for conducting therapy groups weekly.
b. Meets with clients on an individual basis to create a treatment plan, revise and review treatment plans and perform counseling both individually and in group settings.
c. Documents progress notes in client files following each individual session.
d. Maintains contact with Clinical Director and Medical Director
regarding individuals' progress.
e. Responsible for attending and participating in mandatory weekly staff
meetings to discuss client care and all aspects of treatment.
f. Knowledge of policy and procedure manual relating to program protocol.
2. Therapist performs and maintains professional abilities in the following areas:
a. Maintain and adhere to all Federal, State, and County regulations
regarding client confidentiality and staff code of ethics.
b. Continuous training in areas where needed, attendance at seminars,
continue earning CEUs.
c. Crisis intervention—recognizing emotional stress and utilizing resources
to resolve problems.
d. Client education—provide current alcohol/drug information and available
resources to clients, groups, and families.
e. Will assess the client’s case management needs and incorporate those needs, goals and objectives in the treatment plan and utilize appropriate staff or referral sources to satisfy client’s needs.
f. The therapist will establish and maintain contact with the client’s family/significant other/support network as clinically appropriate during the client’s course of care.
g. The therapist will work with client in collaboration to create and implement a discharge plan and in discharge planning.
h. Other duties as assigned
1. Must have at least two (2) years clean and sober if identifying as being in recovery from drugs and/or alcohol.
2. Have degree and valid license in Psychology, Counseling, Mental Health, Professional Counseling and/or Marriage and Family therapy. (This position will allow 6 months from hire date for the therapist to obtain a Oregon License/Certification.)
3. Additionally it is preferable that the incumbent have Drug and Alcohol counseling certificate: CADC, CAP, CAAP, CRSS, or any other license or certification relating to the chemical dependency field issued in the state of Oregon.
4. Minimum of two (2) years previous experience in the addiction field.
5. Ability to prioritize and provide appropriate treatment protocols.
6. Maintains current certification for this position:
b. First Aid
c. Trauma Informed Training
Bayview Recovery LLCWhy Work Here?
Great ability to create positive change in peoples lives due to the small private setting and long term care.
Crestview Recovery provides addiction treatment at the RTC, PHP, IOP and OP levels of care. Crestview Recovery is unique in that they combine long term (90 day+) treatment services as well as a structured sober living environment.
6025 SE Belmont StPortland, OR