IT Support Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
With over 1600 workstations and 50 servers spread throughout over 60 locations, the IT Support Technician is a vital first link to over 1000 end-users needing support for various medical and administrative systems. The IT Support Technician troubleshoots, repairs and maintains software and hardware systems to mitigate downtime and improve performance. IT Support Technicians work directly with physicians, medical staff, and end users on a daily basis and provide a vital customer service.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to end-users in-person, over the phone and through e-mail.
- Respond to and resolve customer requests for support in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update various software and hardware systems on workstations and servers.
- Maintain and update network systems.
- Configure, move, install and upgrade various computer hardware and software.
- Provide guidance and training to end-users as needed.
- Travel locally from office-to-office as needed to resolve support requests.
- Carry cell phone and pager to be on call and work after-hours as needed.
- Establish quality relationships with end-users, clients, vendors, and co-workers.
- Work with other technology team members and vendors.
- Work with physicians, nurses, administrator and other healthcare team members.
- Maintain familiarity with events and issues pertaining to the healthcare industry.
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, analytical skills, communication skills required.
- Advanced troubleshooting of PCs and networking equipment required.
- Experience and expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook required.
- Experience and expertise with Microsoft Windows (XP and Windows 7) required.
- Experience and expertise with networking environments required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems preferred.
- Experience working with a variety of systems and files.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry, including billing and coding, preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical end-users.
- Communicating with and establishing working relationships with vendors.
- Comfortable working independently, with experience working in a team environment.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Physical ability to use computer hardware and software required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant specialty preferred.
- 3-5 years experience providing technical support services.
- Healthcare industry knowledge preferred.
Company Contact Information
Job Type: Full-time
Powered by JazzHR
Bayview Physicians Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Bayview Physicians Group