This position supports the business needs of the Strategy department. The Data Analyst is responsible for data collection (uploading, compiling/formatting, cleaning, and vetting of data), analysis, interpretation and visualization; best practice research; maintenance and quality control of multiple large databases; and market/competitive intelligence for a wide range of business needs including strategic and service line planning, environmental assessments, regulatory submissions, and business development.In this capacity, work by the Data Analyst will be approached in a way which assures a timely, high quality product as measured by accuracy, detail orientation, technical sophistication and appropriate methodological approach. Proactively investigates data abnormalities and likely questions that will arise.
1) Uploads, formats, cleans/vets, prepares, analyzes, interprets and summarizes data findings and generate analytical reports from multiple large databases with multiple variables, including visual representations in support of identified business needs.
2) Produces ACCURATE, valid and timely data analytics for business planning, contributes to the benchmarking of best practices and obtains other market/competitive intelligence and healthcare information (e.g., disease incidence, utilization rates, volume and rate forecasting, market share trending, vetting online information of healthcare providers, etc.). Proactively investigates data abnormalities and likely questions that will arise to reduce data iterations and increase productivity.
3) Build key performance reports in final format within specifie timeframes, using Excel, ACCESS, Tableau, and (other) business intelligence tools.
4) Extracts data from multiple large databases and data sources (including state claims data, inpatient admission data and physician referral data) to create integrated analytics datasets to answer Strategic Planning and organizational questions.
5) Creates projection models and support/vet the development of assumptions and scenarios.
6) Develops both standard analyses, as well as analyses for ad hoc reports and specific project needs.
7) Proactively develops and maintains an accurate compendium of data and selected data sets in anticipation of the needs of the Department, Division and Organization.
8) Develops data collection instruments for planning and market assessment. Continually identifies opportunities for data analytics process improvement and automation. Implements those that are agreed upon with the Director and SVP for Strategy.
9) Assists in the development and evaluation of metrics (measures of success) and executive scorecards. Uses agreed-upon and innovative metrics for routine/quarterly progress monitoring.
10) Develop maps utilizing mapping software (e.g. Maptitude, Tableau) in support of specific business needs.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England's leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
+ Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
+ Baystate Children's Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
+ Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
+ Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
+ Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield