Notes from Call:
- -US GAAP principles
- -Financial Understanding, forecasting
- -Strong Excel skills to work on the homegrown tools
- -Great interpersonal skills as this person will be interfacing between IT and the Business
- -Potential CTH need
- -IT is broken up between 6-7 portfolios
- -ERP are Peoplesoft, Oracle, Hyperion a plus
The Sr. IT Financial Analyst will be the point of contact for IT Capital projects for multiple portfolios and provide ongoing financial support for the IT organization. The Sr. IT Financial Analyst will report to the IT Finance Manager and will partner closely with IT Leadership, external business partners as well as various Finance functions across the organization. The Sr. IT Financial Analyst will be responsible for performing monthly capital portfolio project cash flow forecasting/tracking, monthly financial close, variance reporting of spend against target and provide executive level updates on financial performance against budget.
In addition, the IT Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing ad hoc analysis and support for the IT Leadership owning portfolios they manage. This includes providing in depth financial reporting and modeling highlighting key financial risks and opportunities. In addition, the Sr. analyst will partner closely with IT Finance leadership to develop financial models in support of financial deliverables such as the IT 5 Year LRP and annual budgets.
Perform critical IT capital portfolio management to include; tracking, reporting and cash flow forecasting activities:
- Partner closely with project managers to develop monthly capital cash flow forecasts that accurately predict business performance and highlight risks and opportunities as appropriate.
- Track and reconcile financial activity by project to ensure accuracy and maintain adherence to budgeted spend and proper accounting.
- Prepare monthly IT Capital reporting including variance analysis. Partner closely with IT Leadership to highlight project status and overall financial performance and health.
- Assist in the coordination of the annual IT capital portfolio budgeting process. This includes analysis used to build financial models and capital related expense considerations (capturing incremental cost associated with added capital – for instance; maintenance and support costs, depreciation), and detailed capital portfolio project templates.
- Capital expenditure request (CER) approval preparation and auditing as needed. This includes partnership with project managers and IT Leadership to understand upcoming initiatives, attend review meetings and preparing documents for corporate finance.
- Asset disposal and write off accounting for retired assets relating to new projects or projects that are identified as end of life.
- Participate in IT capital portfolio road map and 5 year planning exercise.
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to key business partners including development of financial models and in depth reporting in support of annual budget and long range plan.
- Complete ad hoc analysis as requested to answer questions relating to IT capital portfolio activity
- Design and execute analysis to answer ad hoc questions using Excel and the PeopleSoft finance application.
- Summarize analysis to provide clear answers to questions and communicate results to executive leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
List Education level, Years of Experience, Technical Knowledge, and/or Certifications required for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree required with demonstrated superior college performance (preferably in an analytical field)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience (within a financial analysis and planning group)
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accounting methodologies
- Strong analytical ability – must be able to synthesize large amounts of data, be able to error check and reconcile own work and be able to design analysis to answer specific questions
- A detail oriented approach – must pay close attention to the details and have the drive to get things right
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong general ledger and accounts payable research and reconciliation experience, and complete understanding of debits and credits, and accrual based accounting
- Ability to cope with pressure and changing priorities in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Trustworthy with confidential financial information
- Reliability (attendance and timeliness) important to ensure consistency of daily reporting for the Company
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment