Bayside Solutions is seeking a Quality Inspector to be part of our Client’ s team in the Hayward area. This is an opportunity to work with a company that is a construction technology company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. They work at the leading edge of the construction industry.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
A proactive individual to provide hands-on support to the high-quality, low-cost fabrication operations of our high-density residential and commercial building solutions. Be available to work on the swing shift (2: 30 PM to 1: 00 AM) - Monday through Thursday.
You will be in charge of inspecting the fabricated products for compliance with the company’ s quality standards and the customer requirements. You will also help ensure that the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) requirements are being followed by shop employees.
- Inspect all fabricated products ensuring that they meet customer contract requirements
- Log defects/rejects of pieces in the shop, and report them to the Quality Manager so appropriate non-conformance actions can be taken
- Sign all tracking logs for the system’ s steel beams, columns and other pieces, and inspect the necessary items listed in each log
- Report any issues, problems and concerns regarding product quality in the shop to the Quality Manager
- Make sure all Welders are working with the right settings and are using the right Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) when welding a product
- Visually inspect welds per the AISC Manual
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Occasional exposure to a variety of extreme temperature conditions due to weather (hot & cold)
- Exposure to load noise level in the shop
- Strong comprehensive drawing reading skills
- Effective computer and reporting skills
- Fulfilled a minimum of 60 day welding training, working under the direct supervision of a Lead Inspector
- A certificate showing that you are a Certified Welder in Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Ability to lift, push, pull and/or carry heavy objects
- Regularly walk and stand for long periods of time
- Strong manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
- Ability to work both inside and outside with exposure to heat, cold and loud noises
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)