- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to be part of our client's team in South San Francisco, CA. This is an opportunity to work with a biotechnology company that is determined to use cutting-edge science to identify and develop treatment to patients suffering from serious and life-threatening diseases.
Contract Length: 18 months
Location: South San Francisco, CA
**The company has mandated COVID-19 vaccination for their workforce, effective October 1st, 2021. All external personnel providing services are required to comply with this requirement. **
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the design, assembly, implementation, and transfer of test instruments used to evaluate drug delivery devices. Ocular implantable devices, manual injection systems, automated injection systems, and interfaces with pre-filled syringes and cartridges are among the primary technologies. The primary responsibilities of this on-site position will be to design and develop test fixtures, manual or automated test systems, and test systems using commercial and custom technologies. The Mechanical Design Engineer is a technical expert who collaborates with the company's engineering, scientific, and manufacturing organizations to provide technical support in the mechanical design of test equipment and fixturing. The Engineer also works with external development partners and component suppliers on a regular basis. This position requires on-site work.
- Engineering degree, with preference for Mechanical Engineering.
- Prior experience in the design and development of medical devices or test equipment and fixturing used in the regulated industry.
- Expert CAD skills in Solidworks, including creation of 2D prints from 3D models.
- Proven success in the procurement and implementation of test equipment and customized mechanical test fixtures.
- In depth experience in the use of machining and rapid prototyping technologies.
- Prior experience with mechanical test equipment including Instron and/or other universal force test equipment desired
- Ability to interact at a detailed technical level with design engineers and laboratory staff.
- Works independently and within timeline constraints.
- Strong communication skills are a must.
AddressSouth San Francisco, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Bayside Solutions