Baylor Trucking is seeking a dedicated, hardworking, self-motivated individual to join our management team as a Director of Operations located in our Milan, IN Operations Center. It is an EXCITING time at Baylor Trucking! We have grown in 2020 with big expectations for the remainder of the year and 2021. Come work with the best and brightest transportation professionals and enjoy benefits like 401K with 100% company match and Anthem Health Insurance.
- Lead, Manage, and Continuously Coach all direct reports of departments to exceed the goals and expectations set forth.
- Focus on continued improvements in the areas of driver satisfaction and retention through the improvements and implementation of processes that reduce frustrations and stressors.
- Manage and improve operational practices
- Allocate resources and materials to meet project deadlines
- Track and forecast operational trends and analysis
- Provide daily operations oversight for teams
- Formalize policies and procedures in accordance with HR Director and regulations.
- Previous experience in trucking/logistics operations or other related fields
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Baylor Trucking, Inc
Why Work Here?Baylor Trucking, Inc. was founded in 1946 with an entrepreneurial spirit and hard work by Chester Baylor upon his return from WWII. Chester started the company with just one truck, 75 years later we are still truckin'. Our entire team consists of seasoned transportation veterans who work hard to make sure our values of Safe, Legal and On Time are achieved every day. Baylor Trucking differentiates itself from its competitors by delivering exceptional on time service exceeding customer expectations. We transport dry van and temperature controlled goods across all 48 states with our fleet of late model Kenworth, Peterbilt and Volvo tractors. Our long term customer base allows us to deliver consistent revenue, miles and home time to our drivers. This allows us to retain the best talent throughout our organization. Come grow with us!
Come Grow with Us! We are celebrating 75 years in business delivering Safe, Legal and On Time!