(This position is located in Milan, IN)
We are looking for a Tractor-Trailer Mechanic to join our growing team. The ability to inspect and repair in a fast paced, detailed environment is required. We are eager to meet motivated individuals who wish to work for a growing company. We invest in the best equipment and people and would love to hear about how you can make our organization better. Availability to work evening hours and weekends required. Pay is structured based off of shift availability, skills, and experience. Our fleet is comprised primarily of Kenworth with Cummins powerplants.
- Inspect and repair company equipment including
- Company vehicles and equipment
- Follow detailed processes and ensure complete inspection
- Adhere to DOT regulation when completing repairs
- Communicate with management and peers to determine priority
- Converse with drivers in a respectful manner
- Complete work orders and paperwork completely and accurately
- Own tools up to 1 1/4 in
- Complete PMs and repairs on equipment
- Accurately fill out work orders and use fleet management software
- Experience with 200+ truck fleet and 1000 van trailers
- Be able to weld and fabricate
- Own own tools or be able to acquire necessary equipment
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to adapt to change
- Must have strong problem-solving abilities
- Basic computer skills
Pay is determined based on skills and experience.
Baylor utilizes the latest in transportation technology to provide high payload opportunities for Shippers. With our lightweight equipment, Shippers can ship up to 48,500 lbs per truckload and decrease their carbon footprint.
Baylor Trucking was founded in 1946 with entrepreneurial spirit and hard work by Chester Baylor. Chester Baylor returned from WWII and started Baylor Trucking with one truck. With the help of his wife Ruth and their three children, Bonnie, Bob and Steve, Baylor grew hauling commodities such as furniture and paper.
Today the 3rd generation of the Baylor family operates two full service terminals in Milan, In and Portland, TN as well as numerous operating yards across the country.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and strong supporter of hiring veterans in all positions.