Your tasks and responsibilities
In this role as a Seminis Vegetable Seed Territory Sales Representative, you will provide best-in-class customer account management while growing the pea, bean, and sweet corn seed business with key processing customers located in Canada and Northeast US.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Territory Sales Representative- Canada & Northeast US are to:
- Develop and maintain business/growth plans by customers focusing on product and customer needs while achieving sales targets;
- Implement variety trials for promotional display;
- Account management;
- Support sales forecasting;
- Sell Seminis genetics through value proposition;
- Consistently demonstrate constructive leadership and positive image in representing the Brand and Seminis;
- Partner with R&D and product management to identify and select hybrid sweet corn, beans and pea products which are fit for the processors in the territory.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree in business, agronomy, agricultural business, agricultural sciences, agricultural economics or crop sciences;
- 5 years sales experience focused on account management OR 5+ years commercial vegetable industry experince;
- Ability to travel 30% of time;
- Proficient in, Excel, PowerPoint, Word;
- Experience with Salesforce or similar customer management program;
- Experience with product forecasting;
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, License suspension, etc.);
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical.
- Experience within the vegetable seed industry;
- Fluent in French.
Domestic Relocation may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.