Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Security Officer, are to:
- Performing mobile patrol of site within geography of responsibility on roadways and parking lots;
- Protecting sites from trespassers or illegal entry;
- Protecting against damage or theft of company property;
- Investigating and respond to calls for service;
- Providing emergency services and rescue, CPR and first aid during sudden illnesses or injury;
- Responding to intrusion and equipment alarms;
- Conduct initial investigations of accidents, or crimes against company property or employees;
- Fostering an environment of trust and confidence through exemplary integrity and professionalism;
- Preparing appropriate report documentation;
- Ability to think independently, react to changing conditions and be able to make sound decisions based upon existing circumstances;
- In the event of an emergency, maintaining order and the safety of employees and visitors.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Law enforcement, military and/or corporate security experience is required;
- The ability to work autonomously and with limited supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must submit to a Federal Law Enforcement background check and be fingerprinted;
- Should be in possession of, or in the process of obtaining a State of Hawaii "Guard Card" according to the State of Hawaii HRS 463-10.5, titled: Guards; registration, instruction, training. Must be in possession of the "Guard Card" upon offer of employment;
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR, AED and basic First Aid;
- The ability to prepare clear, succinct, accurate, professional and timely written communications;
- The ability to maintain all certifications and training as required by jurisdiction of authority and possess a valid driver's license;
- Experienced in basic computer skills;
- Able to work rotating shifts and available for overtime and weekend
- The ability to work in excess of the normal eight-hour day when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.