YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Production Manager, are to:
- The Production Manager will support operations at the site and help resolve production challenges.
- The successful candidate will need to be able to adapt quickly to changes in our business, courageously face new challenges and opportunities and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members and peers.
- Influences others through motivation, recognition, leadership, and development;
- Directs field operations such as planting, rogueing, field inspections, harvest, etc;
- Directs plant operations such as harvest processing, packaging, lab operations, warehouse / inventory management / distribution, maintenance, etc;
- Participates in and helps lead the Monsanto ESH and Quality Management System (QMS) elements and programs and associated networks;
- Supports compliance with Global Stewardship and Corporate Quality Management procedures and policies in addition to Crop Level and site specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) - Identifies and implements operational improvements, metrics tracking, best practices and participates in related networks for cross sharing;
- Foster employee empowerment and engagement as part of the Monsanto Production System (MPS) and the site's tier meeting structure;
- Collaborates with site leadership to on-board and develop new talent.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree;
- 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing, agricultural, engineering, technical, or related environment;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach people and teams;
- Results oriented leadership approach;
- Capability to clearly present; information and influence or persuade others through verbal or written communications;
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Experience with production agriculture, seed manufacturing;
- Experience in working and/or leading in a matrix environment;
- Computer proficiencies to include SAP;
- Knowledge of process improvement principles such as Lean, Six Sigma.
Country: United States
Reference Code: 45291
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional