Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, (Production Manager), are to:
- Manage, direct and lead a team within a large row crop production site for Bayer;
- Areas of responsibility would include all or a subset of planting, growing, harvesting, drying, shelling, treating, packaging and storing/distributing to ensure safe delivery of operational goals to support business objectives;
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to a team of individuals performing best practice processes ensuring safe, sustainable operations;
- Support a culture built on trust and collaboration focusing on safety and customer guided by Bayer's LIFE Values of leadership, Integrity, flexibility and efficiency;
- Embrace and demonstrate a safety-first culture at all times;
- Perform daily operations as directed by site leadership;
- Accountable for safe and timely delivery of quality supply based on production schedules while maintaining an efficient operation;
- Perform duties in a manner that support overall site Key Metrics to include: Safety; Quality, TIP (total individual volume performance), TOP (total overall volume performance), and cost efficiency;
- Embrace an environment that promotes the building of good working relationships within the site;
- Reports to the Production Lead and assists the Production Lead with all facets of field and plant production operations;
- Leadership responsibility for the site technicians and is a member of a team that strives for safety product quality, and process optimization and is expected to get results through influencing others, personal proficiency and modeling company values;
- Participate as a member of the Site Leadership Team and will maintain a strong relationship with the team and other site and site support personnel to support operations at the site and resolve production challenges;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in our business, courageously face new challenges and opportunities and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members and peers.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree;
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing, agricultural, engineering, technical, or related environment;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach people and teams;
- Results oriented leadership approach;
- Capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through verbal or written
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment.
- Experience with production agriculture, seed manufacturing;
- Experience in working and/or leading in a matrix environment;
- Computer proficiencies to include SAP;
- Knowledge of process improvement principles such as Lean, Six Sigma.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this position.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.