Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Plant Engineer Cell Cuture Technology Center, are to:
- Plan, direct, coordinate and execute activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment, machinery and facilites.
- Estimate the production cost for products the facility makes. Evaluate and implement cost-saving methods. Update management on estimated costs of changes in product design so appropriate action can be taken.
- Subject matter expert to advise vendors and management about product specifications and plant capabilities.
- Direct maintenance of production buildings and coordinate requirements for new designs, surveys, and maintenance schedules for equipment and machinery.
- Optimize production processes and logistics with regard to safety, environment, cost, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Provide the necessary technical expertise for troubleshooting and resolving problems with Production Unit processes and equipment; collect, analyze and report equipment downtime information; ensure resolution of critical equipment items. Perform Risk Assessments and resolution of risk analysis.
- Develop, review and implement recommendations to improve reliability of infrastructure and production systems. Maintain the Calibration, Maintenance and Safety procedures in defined area of responsibility. Develop specification and strategy of spare parts to meet reliability objectives
- Engineering lead in support for audits conducted by internal and external agencies
- Resolve Quality action items and write Engineering Assessments as Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Coordinate maintenance activities and shutdown requirements for production equipment and facilities.
- Project management and detailed engineering of smaller and medium sized projects (AR, $1 million).
- Manage asset life cycles for manufacutring equipment, utilities, facility and HVAC
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- B.S. 8+ years or M.S. 4+ years engineering experience preferably in a plant operation function or an equivalent combination of education and experience Special Skill/Knowledge • Knowledge and hands-on experience with pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, including equipment, utilities, and facilities, cGMP compliance, high purity water systems, clean room HVAC systems, process instrumentation and control systems
- Experience with Process Control Systems, including DCS, PLC, instrumentation and low voltage electrical systems
- Experience with FAT, SAT, Commissioning and Qualification, including hands on experience starting-up and running new equipment, resolving technical equipment issues, developing turn-over packages.
- Experience with regulatory and cGMP requirements for pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Understanding of industry guidelines, regulatory requirements, and relevant SOPs
- Proficient computer skills to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- High level of urgency and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- SAP experience
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.