The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Engineer Embedded Software, are to:
- Plan, organize, and direct software team efforts to deliver complex embedded software systems;
- Translate system level requirements into lower level requirements, architectures and specifications;
- Design, implement, debug, and document embedded software;
- Write software unit tests;
- Lead and participate-in Design Reviews;
- Interface with hardware engineers;
- Ensure work products are robust in terms of utility, reliability, agency approvals and safety;
- Provide timely communication of project risks and issues, including an ability to meet established commitments;
- Work collaboratively within multi-disciplined teams to achieve program technical and schedule objectives;
- Interact with suppliers/partners and extended internal/external stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Technical Discipline;
- Minimum 10 years of experience developing embedded software;
- Experience as a technical leader for embedded software development teams;
- Demonstrated high-performance orientation, project achievement, and strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated skill for independent analysis and synthesis of solutions to complex problems exhibiting creativity, foresight, innovation, and judgement;
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills;
- Excellent persuasion and consensus building with ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Master’s Degree