Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Portfolio Representative - Portland, OR and Alaska Territory
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Portfolio Representative are to:
- Customer focus/building positive relationships-penetration of systems/accounts, identifying key decision makers and effectively navigating their buying process;
- Contact on a regular basis, present and prospective customers to promote and sell Bayer Corporation pharmaceutical division's products in order to attain or surpass assigned quotas and objectives;
- Establish and maintain an effective relationship with physicians, nurses, ancillary personnel, pharmacists and hospitals to sell Bayer Corporation pharmaceutical division's products and provide information;
- Create territory plan including goals and resource allocation (coverage, grant/education proposals, etc.) for key customers;
- Utilize EVS skills and resources in assisting customer with their business;
- Team with customers as a business partner-proactive in seeking out potential customers, maintain knowledge of long term trends and patterns to create account business plans;
- Gain formulary acceptance/compliance with small/large system accounts;
- Communicate complete reports (sales, market information, competitive activity, ideas for new products, promotional activities, technical inquiries, etc.) to division sales manager and the home office or as assigned;
- Maintains a scientific understanding of all products and clinical papers, perform special assignments, i.e., attending sales, medical and association meetings as assigned;
- Control expenses within a defined budget, maintain and protect assigned company property, handle expense reports, IT tools, and stay current on product information;
- Must follow pharmaceutical compliance code.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- 5 years of sales or customer service experience with 2+ years of directly related experience;
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- BBA/BS preferred;
- Biological science or related discipline preferred.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : Alaska : Anchorage || United States : Alaska : Residence Based || United States : Oregon : Brooks || United States : Oregon : Portland || United States : Oregon : Residence Based || United States : Oregon : Salem || United States : Oregon : Wilsonville
Reference Code: 42752
- 1 888-473-1001, option #5