Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Land Strategy Manager, are to:
- Responsible for Delivering the highest quality field data as part of North America's Plant Breeding R&D pipeline by providing optimal corn nursery management;
- Responsible for the implementation of unique and innovative technology solutions designed to improve nursery design and operations success through the use of new tools and methodologies to improve overall plant breeding phenotyping such as the use of geospatial systems, agronomic planting tools, and data capture applications;
- Responsible for managing capacity and land strategy across farms on Maui while meeting the requirements of multiple interested parties including plant breeders and regulatory agencies;
- Responsible for placement of nurseries ensuring the highest probability of success;
- Organize and execute day-to-day priorities of the team such as: logistical trial planning and land use forecasting, planting activities and safety and compliance adherence in accordance with local and federal guidelines;
- Train team members and seasonal employees on standard operating procedures, site and operation safety guidelines, and tool operations;
- Influence key partners in a cross-functional environment to drive results, innovation, and collaboration at a multi-functional site;
- Engage in community relation activities including but not limited to community volunteer efforts, sustainability activities, and serve as a technical representative to external parties in partnership with Commercial, Marketing, and other functions on agronomic topics such as product pipeline development, agronomy practices, and compliance standards;
- Travel up to 10%;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons;
- Lead and develop direct reports through developmental counseling and coaching;
- Perform key people leader and employment process for assigned employees.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS in Agronomy, Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with at least 2+ years proven experience through the combination of previous employment, co-op, or internship job experience or, Master's Degree in relevant field with 1 year proven experience through the combination of previous employment, internship, or academic experience;
- Broad knowledge of agricultural equipment and row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Capable of pulling, analyzing, and maintaining large data sets;
- Basic understanding and passion for emerging trends in agriculture;
- Experience with both standard MS Office computer and software systems used in scientific data analysis, with ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools;
- Ability to manage contract and hourly employee's work including coaching and counseling as needed;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- Valid Driver's License;
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.);
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Experience with seed technology industry or plant breeding;
- Experience with precision agriculture hardware and software;
- History of implementation of continuous improvements and new innovations through the work on project teams;
- Proven supervisory experience of small groups of people including employees and contractors.
Domestic Relocation Assistance may be provided.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.