Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Sales Representative II- Stone Seed
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Seed & Trait Field Sales Representative for Stone Seed, you will achieve business goals and work closely with area farmers and seeddealers to achieve long-term growth within Champaign and Vermillion counties is East Central Illinois. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop a strong distribution network by coaching and influencing local dealers.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative, are to:
- Develop area tactics to implement sales programs, strategies, and policies in line with company goals for profitable growth;
- Perform direct sales activities, as well as provide leadership, vision and management to seed dealers;
- Identify customers and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities through direct sales;
- Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects;
- Direct selling effectiveness through the pursuit of sales leads, establishing sales targets, visiting existing and new customers, assessing customer needs and suggesting appropriate products and services, responding to customer inquiries and concluding sales orders to meet revenue targets;
- Repeatedly visit and check in with growers and their farms;
- Engage and become involved in the local community;
- Provide proactive after-the-sale customer service that increases grower customer loyalty;
- Understand each field has unique challenges and help growers identify individual solutions & products for each field;
- Spend time with farmer using foundational understanding of agronomy to better position products and position self as a credible advisor;
- Leverage local area knowledge and practices to assist farmers;
- Recruiting, training, and developing new and competitive talented dealer distribution;
- Building and developing a strong dealer distribution network;
- Selling, supporting, and promoting other cross functional branded products;
- Leader and Drive Climate FieldView adoption with the Stone dealers and customers;
- Serve as the key business consultant to retailers and dealer and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Bayer brands and product/technical/agronomic knowledge.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years experience in sales, marketing, account management or agriculture;
- Experience effectively demonstrating self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation;
- Working understanding of soil types, plant disease, insect types and chemistries relevant to the local area;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written);
- Strong business acumen, account planning, influencing and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time, and territory management proficiency;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced and matrixed environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.);
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical.
- Bachelor's degree.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : Residence Based : Residence Based
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 67412
- 1 888-473-1001, option #5