Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Sales Rep Trainee
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative Trainee are to:
- Work with a Field Sales Representative in a defined territory to develop a solid base of district management, agronomic knowledge and sales skills;
- Build and manage local marketing project to deliver value to your team;
- Develop relationships with farmers and dealers to learn how to effectively identify and meet their needs;
- Help the team achieve sales goals by successfully selling the value of our seed, crop protection and digital farming products;
- Gain a strong base of product and agronomic knowledge to assist with product placement and evaluation;
- Deliver agronomic services that help farmers achieve optimal performance on their farm;
- Learn how to successfully manage a sales district and coach your sellers;
- Work closely with sales management to achieve annual business goals and long-term growth.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree;
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative with the ability to set and achieve goals with minimal supervision;
- Ability to utilize knowledge and skills to secure seed sales\Results oriented with the ability to develop and execute strategy to achieve goals;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage time effectively;
- Proven problem-solving ability;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to travel/drive throughout district on a daily basis. Company vehicle provided;
- Valid driver's license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company's Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- Some Trainee positions will involve hauling material that will put the driver under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. In those situations, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria, which will include passing a DOT physical;
- Ability to lift a 60 pound bag of seed;
- Ability to relocate- potentially could have 2 moves during training and placement.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : Residence Based : Residence Based
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 50361
- 1 888-473-1001, option #5