Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Bayer Animal Health Pharmacovigilance Veterinarian are to:
- Analyze and interpret safety complaint data sets for US Bayer Animal Health FDA approved drug products for the generation of Periodic Summary Update Reports to be submitted to the FDA;
- Investigate safety signals identified for US Bayer Animal Health products and actively facilitate the signal management process including the communication of safety information to local regulatory authorities and/or Bayer colleagues as appropriate;
- Develop medical assessments for individual adverse event reports and the development and maintenance of the associated training process for pharmacovigilance team members;
- Collaborate with Research and Development colleagues regarding the product pre-approval safety profiles in anticipation of product launch;
- Contribute to the depth of veterinary medical knowledge through interactions with other internal veterinary professionals and company partners;
- Review adverse event claims in the US pharmacovigilance database for accuracy, completeness, and consistency prior to those cases being submitted to local authorities and the global pharmacovigilance database;
- Review post-marketing study protocols and provide pharmacovigilance expertise to drafting the adverse event reporting requirement section;
- Apply medical, pharmacovigilance and regulatory knowledge to all case handling, medical assessment, and signal investigation practices.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree with four years private practice clinical experience and an active valid license to practice veterinary medicine in the United States and a minimum of 2 years industry pharmacovigilance experience;
- Computer and keyboard experience (Microsoft Office applications and PV Works experience at a minimum ;)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Sound understanding of companion animal veterinary medicine. Equine and livestock experience would be advantageous;
- Understanding of current post-marketing product safety regulations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.