Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Bayer Animal Health Microbiologist I (Monday through Friday 12pm to 830pm) are to:
- Perform testing of raw material, in-process and finished product samples according to Bayer procedures;
- Perform Environmental monitoring of the manufacturing and laboratory facilities including cleanroom environments, personnel, water systems, compressed gases, and laminar flow hoods.
- Identify microbial isolates using manual or automated techniques per written procedures in a timeframe that supports customer requirements.
- Prepare media, solutions, materials and equipment to support sampling and testing.
- Perform growth promotion and quality testing on media used for microbiological testing, environmental monitoring and sterility testing in the Microbiology Quality Control Department as needed.
- Maintain the record storage systems in a manner that ensures quick and reliable retrieval of the data as needed.
- Provide support to laboratory projects and assist other team members as needed.
- Adhere to the pertinent aspects of corporate compliance and plant safety programs.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS degree in Microbiology or a biological science degree with Microbiology coursework.
- Must have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and with others in a team situation.
- The incumbent must be able to follow directions, both verbal and written.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Shift is Monday through Friday 12pm to 830pm.
- Pharmaceutical microbiology experience is preferred.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.