Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Data Scientist, are to:
- Take ownership of the delivery, development, and expansion of prescriptive breeding algorithms in soybean (and other varietals, as business needs dictate) line development. ;
- Drive the continued improvement of the current soybean prescriptive algorithm to reach 100% adoption in North America Soybeans through connection with the soybean core team;
- Drive the expansion of soybean line prescription to other world regions by connecting with regional teams, educating regional teams on deployment, and collecting feedback to help drive the development of new functionality;
- Contribute to the development of new algorithms and capabilities that will enable connected pipeline analytics for all pipelines;
- Connect with engineering teams to enable necessary connections and functionality;
- Build functionality that is necessary to connect APD algorithms to APC and P&E resources ;
- Engage with both external literature and internal working groups to continue developing cutting-edge solutions for the breeding pipeline;
- Work to translate new research and newly developed techniques into solutions that can provide new functionality, better performance, or increased efficiency to Breeding algorithms. ;
- Drive the development of these solutions from discovery through validation to deployment;
- Contribute to and/or drive projects designed to incorporate simulation into Breeding algorithms.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Minimum of Ph.D. -OR- Masters with equivalent experience -OR- Bachelors with at least three years of work experience including at least one year of experience implementing prescriptive analytics in a breeding pipeline. Degree may be in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Psychology, Physics, Statistics or related field;
- Creative, proactive, bold and out-of-box thinking;
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts;
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility;
- Proven ability to communicate complex analytical problems in clear, precise and actionable manner;
- Minimum of two or more years of experience coding and modeling using Python and/or R.
- Proficient in machine learning algorithms and concepts (Ensembles, Deep Learning, SVM, etc.);
- Proficient in operations research algorithms and mathematical optimization concepts. Prior experience in mathematical modeling, simulation, decisions analysis, stochastic models, system dynamics and/or forecasting;
- Experience with working in Linux environment and/or AWS;
- Experience with commercial optimization software (i.e., CPLEX, Xpress, Gurobi etc.);
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning packages (i.e. TensorFlow, Keras etc.).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.