- Posted: May 20, 2022
About BayWa r.e.
BayWa r.e. Solar Systems LLC (BayWa r.e.) is dedicated to supporting local, independent installersthe foundation of a robust and healthy solar industry. We offer best-in-class products coupled with unrivaled customer support and a growing suite of services aimed at helping installation companies run more efficiently.
For our employees, the tangible value in our company comes from the growth opportunities available to those with initiative and curiosity. We believe that the work is the boss: figure out what needs to get done and then it's all hands-on deck.
We are a company that believes culture is our backbone. Want to get to know us better? Check out our e-magazine, Solar Review.
About the Position: We are looking for an Operations Manager at our Plano, Texas branch to assist the Branch Manager in directing the effective and efficient operation of the Branch so that the Corporate Mission of providing quality products and high levels of service are fulfilled, while ensuring the continued profitability of the branch. Supervises the Counter staff and, as necessary, drivers and warehouse staff. Performs the duties of Manager in the Manager's absence.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality service to customers using clear communication skills.
- Be knowledgeable regarding all Company products and services.
- Count, verify and manually unload incoming orders and shipments.
- Utilize a forklift for moving inventory
- Verify and manually load orders on outgoing trucks.
- Verify and manually load outgoing orders onto customer vehicles.
- General yard and office maintenance to include cleaning and painting.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness of warehouse.
- Maintain inventory in appropriate/designated storage areas in warehouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of warehouse, inventory, and shipping.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- Good problem-solving, attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Able to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, changing environment; set priorities and have a sense of urgency when deadlines need to be obtained.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Customer service driven.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate's Degree preferred or equivalent experience in operations, logistics, supply chain, fulfillment and/or inventory management.
- One to two years related experience, including warehouse.
- Familiarity with inventory planning and warehouse management.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and experience with WMS, ERP and CRMs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to sit, talk, use repetitive motion, type, and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, and reach overhead.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
We strive to offer progressive benefits to our employees. We believe that our employees and our culture are the foundation of the work that we do.
- 401k with up to 5% employer match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Group & Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D
- Generous PTO
- 12 weeks of paid family leave (maternity and paternity)
BayWa operates in accordance with CCPA regulations. Click here to see BayWa's CCPA job applicant disclosure.
BayWa r.e. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to genetic characteristics or information, race, color, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. For Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
BayWa r.e. Solar Systems LLC
BusinessView all jobs at BayWa r.e. Solar Systems LLC