Bay Systems Mountain View, CA
- Expired: 17 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Robotic Navigation Engineer
Bay Systems is looking for a Robotic Navigation Engineer to support the Intelligent Robotics Group at NASA Ames Research Center in Silicon Valley. The Intelligent Robotics Group conducts an aggressive program of robotics research. Research topics include on-board rover autonomy and resource management, planetary surface rover development, real-time computer vision-based control of mobile robots and manipulators, human-robot interaction, and 3D terrain reconstruction and visualization. This research supports a wide variety of NASA enterprise customers through direct technology delivery, as well as through a program of field-testing of technologies in remote science analog environments.
The objective of this position is to develop advanced, high-performance mobile robotic component technologies, including on-board autonomy, GN&C, and perception. The Robotic Navigation Engineer will research, develop, integrate, and demonstrate these technologies for use on a variety of platforms, including planetary rovers and free-flying space robots. This work will involve software development on Linux and/or Android platforms, computer vision, and distributed robot software. Current technological thrusts include sensor fusion for Autonomous Vehicles (AV) and position estimation in the Lunar environment.
***Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident***
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- MS or Ph.D. in Robotics or Computer Science and have practical experience in complex, real-world projects involving mobile robotics.
- Strong background in mobile robots
- Experience with robot perception, guidance, navigation, and/or planning
- Software development experience with C++, Java, or Python, ROS/ROS2, and GNU tools under Linux (or other UNIX-based operating system)
- Distributed computing, agent-based systems, and/or middleware
- Simulation (e.g., Gazebo)
- Estimation theory and statistics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bay Systems is a Federal contractor for Aerospace & Defense and the University of California Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, we have an expanding client portfolio, including the Department of Defense, the Department of Energy, and NASA. Currently, we represent one of the fastest-growing enterprises in the Applied Sciences and information technology field. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AddressMountain View, CA